Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i went to speedring tonight (didn't get to race by the way...) there was a SBM IS300 there. i think it had the older style antenna...thanks to Teg, i always look at this now...and the weird thing is, it had lexus of hawaii plate frames on it...since i'm from hawaii, i was interested in it...but since we couldn't race, we didn't stay long. wonder if that guy comes here...i'm guessing not, cause if so, he'd be signing up for our meet...or he's practicing for our meet...heh

anyways, we then went over to el torrito to eat...there was a solar yellow one in the parking lot there too...seems like a lot of them are popping up in the bay area now...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop/black
90 Integra pearl white

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey hyper about our speedring event on the 27th. I have 1 or 2 m5's that would like to go. What info do you need from them or should i just give u their email addresses? email me at [email protected].

·
Registered
541 Posts
That was my buddy's IS300.
We raced the 6:30 heat.

He lurks here. He can explain the Hawaii thing himself.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
young...you were there??? you took our spot!!! you bastard!!! hahaha...anyways, if you were there with him...was he the shorter guy and if yeah, then i saw you there too...i was holding a green and black helmet looking all pissed cause they lost our reservation...

anyways, how did you do then??? you ready for the 27th???

and x5...just email me their names and which heat they want...do you want all the bmw guys in one heat???

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white
90 Integra pearl white

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hahahaha....

All I had to tell them was I had a BMW and they bumped the Japanese car owners off the reservation list
Seriously, though, I made sure to confirm my reservations. They apparently keep some reservations on computer and some on paper, and sometimes the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.

As for our runs, we did okay. My best time was 33.725 and my friend James (yes, the shorter guy) had a 33.9 something. I'm just a little too heavy and out-of-shape to move that kart around with much alacrity. I need all the horsepower my 330i can supply.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok, i'm busted, you guys spotted me. Thanks for tipping me off Young, geez what a friend!

Yup, as my lic. plate frame indicates, i'm from Hawaii, but the car was delivered here.

------------------
'01 IS300, SBM
'93 RX-7, Montego Blue Mica
'98 Honda SuperHawk 996, Italian Red

·
Registered
541 Posts
firestorm:
Are you going to do the IS300.NET Speedring event? (See other Speedring thread)

Hyper (or anyone else):
I have reservations next week and have extra spot or two available as I've decided to do single instead of double heats. If you're interested in doing Speedring at any of these times, just let me know:

Tues, Jan. 23 - 6:30pm
Thurs, Jan. 25 - 8:30pm and 9:00pm

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
heh...Risk...i'd expect that from you...but when you in cali...and you see a car with that frame on...it really makes you wonder.

when i was looking for my IS300...i called my friend that works at lexus to see if i could get it discounted there...he basically told me no...

firestorm...where you from in hawaii anyways??? i'm from nuuanu originally...and i might be able to make that tuesday eve run...can i let you know a little later??? if not, i might just come down to kick it with you guys...i work right down the street...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white
90 Integra pearl white

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hyper,
Just let us know by Tuesday at 2:00 if you would like to take the 6:30 slot. I'm allowed to cancel up to a few hours before the heat. Please send me a note one way or the other. My email is [email protected].

And you're welcome to just kick it with us at Speedring. But...be warned...I'm liable to bore you with videos from the track.

[This message has been edited by Young (edited January 20, 2001).]

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'll let you know...as for the videos...i'll bring mine if you want too...heh...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white
90 Integra pearl white

·
Registered
10 Posts
Originally posted by HyperMKIV:
heh...Risk...i'd expect that from you...but when you in cali...and you see a car with that frame on...it really makes you wonder.

when i was looking for my IS300...i called my friend that works at lexus to see if i could get it discounted there...he basically told me no...

firestorm...where you from in hawaii anyways??? i'm from nuuanu originally...and i might be able to make that tuesday eve run...can i let you know a little later??? if not, i might just come down to kick it with you guys...i work right down the street...

HyperMKIV, I grew up in the McCully and Makiki area. I won't be able to make the Speedring times this week. Maybe next week.

------------------
'01 IS300, SBM
'93 RX-7, Montego Blue Mica
'98 Honda SuperHawk 996, Italian Red

·
Registered
74 Posts
Originally posted by Young:
That was my buddy's IS300.
We raced the 6:30 heat.

He lurks here. He can explain the Hawaii thing himself.
Young...that wouldn't be the same Young who owned a 3rd gen rx-7, a civic with a jackson racing S/C, and is a graphic artist, would it?
if so, hey young, ltns man!

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
some of the guys here at work are going again tomorrow evening...i'll be there around 6-7ish i think. dunno if i can race or not yet tho...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white
90 Integra pearl white

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
6 Participants
HyperMKIV
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing