Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, my first post! :bigSmile:

I've been following the IS and this forum over the last 3 years. Ever since I first had the chance to ride in one in 2002, I've been sold, and I'm planning to make the purchase within the next 24 months. On the eve of Lexus's 2nd generation IS coming out next month, they held a pre-launch event at Brassaii Bistro Lounge - Downtown Toronto - Wednesday evening, and brought in an IS250 and IS350 for invited guests to preview. Enjoy the pics!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Crazy wheel gap... Will the U.S model have a better looking suspension setup? I know we get snow, but please stop making the wheel gap so big... I wish they wouldn't force people to get aftermarket suspension to make the car look good.

Oh well...

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
same ski pass...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bowman-
...you're welcome! ...thanks for the rep! :)

01lexusON19s-
...thanks, glad you liked the pics!

zerokarma-
...true, black does give the car more 'personality'

spider_55-
...agreed, the wheels could be tucked in more ...wish they offered adjustable suspension

badxIS300-
...btw, the trunk space in the New IS is huge...I was really surprised

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mobile23-
thanks! ...no official MSRP yet: people asked about it, but supposedly they are still working on a figure by comparing it with the new BMW 3 series

lexyis300-
yes, I saw the rust on it too; however, I do know for a fact that the IS350 there was not a production model ...the representative described to me how this was a prototype model shipped to different events across the country and that the interior door panels were painted plastic instead of being lined with leather

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
What i loved was the calipers looked like 6-8 pots not even teh norm 2 or even supra 4's?
Definatly did not look finished like teh hood cowl was cheap plastic but still nice.
Only thing i hate is the oversized red reflectors so low on the bumpers.
Totally throws the back end look out.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
The IS350 looks to have 4 piston calipers the same ones as the GS sports package...

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Those calipers were much bigger up front on the silver one than my supra TT ones on my LS400.
I showed a few guys and they agreed they seemed awfully massive .Probably just pre production parts added to make it work.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts