Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone else kind of annoyed by the increasing number of factory cars coming out with IS300 rear light look alikes? like the nissan altima

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yeah I am. At first I didnt like the IS 'cause of the lights. Then they grew on me. But now, every f-ing Civic and Accord and any other car around here has the knock offs...its kinda turning me off the car completely.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Nah, it's flattering. It's always nice to be the first in a trend. I've liked them from the start, clear or smoked, although I think the clears look best on the white and silver.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I think it's funny that Lexus is going to a smoked look.. Which VW has been using for years

I saw a G1 Integra last night with clear tails.. And the red stoplamps were about the size of a mouse ball. The only thing keeping people from rear-ending him was the CHMSL.. Stoopid.

And FWIW, I like the Altima's lights. I think they look less like "Altezzas" than the riceboy cars.. Look more like VW's jeweled front light clusters than cheapo imitations. Dunno. Lexus started a styling trend. Who would have known!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Whatever... I'm not happy to see it on other cars, but everyone should be able to enjoy whatever their driving and stop worrying about what pulls up next to you.

It's all that envy/jealousy that leads to amateur keyed signatures left on your door panels... (sigh!)

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Wow, not too shabby for a Mazda. I have had good luck with Mazda's in the past. Overall, Japan is kicking ass with the new models coming out in the next two years. Domestic automakers really miss the mark in both marketing (station wagons) and engineering (everything!). My .02

·
Registered
311 Posts
I like Mazdas, in general. Or, I used to

We have also had good luck with them.. My dad has a 13 year old RX7 that is still kickin'./..

·
Registered
19 Posts
I also hate how other car manufacturers and aftermarket producers are copying the toyota altezza lights. They're making these lights go out of style fast.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Actually I saw an old American car...I think it was like a plymoth or something that had rear lights very similar to ours (an yes it was the stock lights as far as I could tell :smile:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Its getting out of hand, especially when you see SUVs/Pickups with our lights. At least our car started this trend so that makes me feel better..Were the OG Original Gangstas =)

·
Registered
180 Posts
WOAH! that yellow mazda from behind looks exactly like an IS. they're not only copying our lights but a whole lot more! The sharp crease along the side of the car. The center "stinger" antennae. The 5 star wheels. Mazda get your own ideas!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
first of all, before your post the previous post was almost 3 yrs ago... lol...

anyways, I used to be able to spot a fellow ISer from afar from the rear of his/her car... now 9/10 times its not even a lexus... just sad...

·
Registered
280 Posts
i might be off topic.
but has anyone seen the new 3 series tail?
it's got some grids of bulletholes on the lens.
just have to see it to know.
imo it's hella nice.

·
Registered
449 Posts
don't worry ladies and gents... while the other cars try to look like ours, we still have LEXUS branded onto the car. that name should say more than the others.

hahaha, we are some cocky car owners.

·
Registered
647 Posts
The worst I've seen is a green SWB Chevy Venture with some Altezza-type taillights. Three red lights stacked vertically. *gag*

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
dae1 said:
don't worry ladies and gents... while the other cars try to look like ours, we still have LEXUS branded onto the car. that name should say more than the others.

hahaha, we are some cocky car owners.
yeah, but i've seen some of those cars with the lexus branded onto them too... :shame:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
20 Participants
elmalloc
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing