Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about everyone else, but I am a little anxious to get my IS before the 2002 comes out. I feel that the 2002 will be priced $2000-4000 more. Just a gut feeling. Anyone else feel this way, or am I just paranoid.

My rationale for this is that the car is popular, more features will be added that may drive up the price, and the car seems a bargain now.

BTW - I dont want the manual tranny or nav (I know where I am going
) so thats not a factor for my 2002 decision.

I apologize for the on-topicness of this post.

[This message has been edited by hurricane (edited November 07, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Looked at all the other Lexus models, they have all increased in price. I am for one hoping that Lexus does not increase the price because may, just maybe I'll trade my car in for those better features. But that's only a wish because there is no way they are going to keep the same price, unless some how BMW slash 3 series's price to less than $38,000 for a full equip 330i. Now I am dreaming again.

·
8,107 Posts
The car's only been out a few months, and it's already selling at $3000 off sticker. If they raise prices $2k next year, it'll have to sell at $5000 off sticker. This seems to indicate that IS300 is not popular compared to cars like the RX300, or BMW 330 and 323/325. While some of you may want the car to be popular, I'm the opposite, I want the car to sell as cheap as possible, and be as rare as possible, better for owners.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
The manual transmission may reduce the price as well.

Since I bought mine this year, I don't want to ponder too much about ongoing discounting (ouch).

·
8,107 Posts
There was a thread called "10 IS300s for sale in Mass." or something, a dealer in MA advertising at $2750 off sticker.

Originally posted by yamaot:
at which part of this country do they take 3K off sticker? Please, I want to know. thx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts