Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about everyone else, but I am a little anxious to get my IS before the 2002 comes out. I feel that the 2002 will be priced $2000-4000 more. Just a gut feeling. Anyone else feel this way, or am I just paranoid.

My rationale for this is that the car is popular, more features will be added that may drive up the price, and the car seems a bargain now.

BTW - I dont want the manual tranny or nav (I know where I am going
) so thats not a factor for my 2002 decision.

I apologize for the on-topicness of this post.

[This message has been edited by hurricane (edited November 07, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Looked at all the other Lexus models, they have all increased in price. I am for one hoping that Lexus does not increase the price because may, just maybe I'll trade my car in for those better features. But that's only a wish because there is no way they are going to keep the same price, unless some how BMW slash 3 series's price to less than $38,000 for a full equip 330i. Now I am dreaming again.

·
8,107 Posts
The car's only been out a few months, and it's already selling at $3000 off sticker. If they raise prices $2k next year, it'll have to sell at $5000 off sticker. This seems to indicate that IS300 is not popular compared to cars like the RX300, or BMW 330 and 323/325. While some of you may want the car to be popular, I'm the opposite, I want the car to sell as cheap as possible, and be as rare as possible, better for owners.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
The manual transmission may reduce the price as well.

Since I bought mine this year, I don't want to ponder too much about ongoing discounting (ouch).

·
8,107 Posts
There was a thread called "10 IS300s for sale in Mass." or something, a dealer in MA advertising at $2750 off sticker.

Originally posted by yamaot:
at which part of this country do they take 3K off sticker? Please, I want to know. thx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
ckolsen
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing