Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Lexus offers tours of the IS plant in Iwate, or is it not open to the public? Someone told me that Lexus doesnt give tours, as they dont want to risk production techniques being revealed. I dont buy that though.

------------------
Justy
99 328i
01 IS300

·
Registered
398 Posts
As you probably know, Lexus cars are made in the Toyota factories or by its subsidiary body manufacturers. The factories that are open to the public are Motomachi plant, Tsutsumi plant and Takaoka plant all in Toyota city, Aichi prefecture region.

If you want to visit other plants that make Lexus/Toyota vehicles, you'll need special permission. Become a Lexus salesperson and have top sales figures and maybe you'll get that free vacation to Japan where you'll visit Toyota factories.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Toyota Motor Sales has a museum with old and new Toyota and Lexus cars (even the GS pace car) somewhere not too far from the Torrance (Cali, that is) compound (I'd rather not give the exact locale away except that it's on Artesia Blvd. and it is unmarked), and they are open for tours with reservation (I met the curator of it).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts