Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fellow IS owners...i seem to have lost my brochure and the manual says nothing but i'm wondering the specs of our audio system? i heard the stadard premium sound sysytem in the IS is nakamichi made also? and what else is htere in our audio system? specs please.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
If I'm not mistaken your sounds are provided by Fujitsu Ten. Don't know about the rest...try a search. There have been numerous discussions on the sound system.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Here we go straight from the brochure.

Premium sound system is driven by 240 watts. 6 disk cd in dash not the trunk. 8 speakers, two coaxial speakers located under the rear window, a tweeter in each ofthe front pillars and full range speaker in each of the front doors.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Fujitsu Ten = equlipes

Martin

Black/Ivory IS300

Originally posted by HIBBoyScott:
If I'm not mistaken your sounds are provided by Fujitsu Ten. Don't know about the rest...try a search. There have been numerous discussions on the sound system.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Not sure what you mean, but dealership advised it was a Premium Pioneer sound system.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Originally posted by ISFAN:
Not sure what you mean, but dealership advised it was a Premium Pioneer sound system.

Does the IS300 have a premium sound system option? I do know that the head unit is made by Fujitsu Ten. Fujitsu Ten also makes Eclipse head units.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Does the IS300 have a premium sound system option? I do know that the head unit is made by Fujitsu Ten. Fujitsu Ten also makes Eclipse head units.
There is no optional sound system. To confirm - it is Fujitsu Ten, and they also make Eclipse.

------------------
cardinal
'01 Silver/Black
LS, LD, HH, SR, 17"

·
13,978 Posts
Cardinal,

why was I told by two different sales associates that it is a Pioneer?
because they don't know what they are talking about!!!

wasn't it discussed somewhere in some old thread that the PMPO was 240 watts??!?! is this true.....cuz it doesn't seem like it can be 240 watts!

my grand cherokee had 120 watts coming from an amp through the infinity gold speakers (which came with the stereo upgrade) it was much louder than what my IS puts out now!!

[This message has been edited by oneeyejack (edited September 28, 2000).]

·
Registered
626 Posts
Also, I must say this. The sound system has to be the BEST I have ever heard that is stock. I can not get over the quality of sound from this stereo.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Man you got me there. OUCH!!! Well in either case it is a great stereo! Do you agree?
I'm not as stoked as you. I think it's good...Maybe I'm just not as much into music as I used to be. I'm no rap freak - far from it- but for some reason it seems to need more bass. Subwoofer???

PS Reading all of these teenagers' posts makes me feel old at 34...When I was 18 they were just coming out with PCs...

------------------
cardinal
'01 Silver/Black
LS, LD, HH, SR, 17"

·
Registered
626 Posts
I thought the car had a subwoofer. Hell I am with you. I have no idea about stuff like this. I feel like and old fart to, but hey, I am having fun.

I am not really into music either, but for some reason all my cds and the radio sounds much better on this system that any other.

I love my Pink Floyd on this system. CD #2 track 6 kicks on it.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
At least I know what PF is! What the hell is Kid Rock anyway?!

What song are you referring to? I'll nab it off of Napster.

------------------
cardinal
'01 Silver/Black
LS, LD, HH, SR, 17"

·
Registered
626 Posts
Actually it is disc one, track 6 song is titled "Mother" Great tune. The entire CD is just awsome on this stereo, but I guess I am partial. Pink Floyd the wall is my all time favorite album, oh sorry CD oops showing my age there.

Try disc 2 track 6 as well. Comfortably Numb another great tune.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts