Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious how much money is cost to drive our car per mile? Including the normal wear and tear stuff.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
I don't remember......lost track a while back. :duh:

·
Registered
678 Posts
It doesnt really cost much if you don't mod it. I buy stuff randomly without even realizing it, got some mother metal polish yesterday.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Don't drive her much but say 600 miles a month. 20 miles to the gallon and about $2.75 for premium, average 15 gallon fill up=$41.25 So roughly about 80 dollars a month. Well per mile would be to divide at the current rate of 2.75. 20/2.75=7.25 cents a mile. Add in the syn oil changes every 3 months and call it 10 cents per mile.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the101dragons said:
Don't drive her much but say 600 miles a month. 20 miles to the gallon and about $2.75 for premium, average 15 gallon fill up=$41.25 So roughly about 80 dollars a month. Well per mile would be to divide at the current rate of 2.75. 20/2.75=7.25 cents a mile. Add in the syn oil changes every 3 months and call it 10 cents per mile.

i i could figure that part out. I was more refering to gas, oil, breaks, rotors, tires...all wear an d tear considerd.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I'd just assume .40 cents to be a bit on the safe side maybe fifty at most?

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
I don't add it up b/c i would be pissed if I actually knew. The car is great and rarely if ever has a problem. The only issue is that something as simple as a headlight out is $100+ to repair. :(

·
Registered
154 Posts
attentiongetr03 said:
i i could figure that part out. I was more refering to gas, oil, breaks, rotors, tires...all wear an d tear considerd.
Well, in the 3 yrs I've owned my car, plus 24k miles later, I've only put gas and oil changes, and one set of 19's. Wear and tear is minimal and I think you were refering to brakes and not lunch breaks.

·
Registered
150 Posts
yea ive had mine for just over 2 years...premium gas and oil changes every 5k miles...just remember your buying a toyota...engine's good til at least 250k!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts