Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I intalled my SRT intake a couple months ago (by myself) and I can't tell if the ECU is working like it should. The car runs fine, so I think that it must be wired correctly. Am I wrong? Plus, was wondering what you guys thought the best grounding kit was?

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
The ECU is working fine. If it didn't work, you would know in a hurry.

·
Registered
589 Posts
everyone on the net will say the best grounding kit is the teck grounding kit. I personally think it is almost useless.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
osmosis said:
everyone on the net will say the best grounding kit is the teck grounding kit. I personally think it is almost useless.
I concur. It's absolutely useless. It's also overpriced and NOT "the best" in any regard. If anything, "Ground Fusion" is the best. Regardless, I think ANY ground kit is a WASTE of $ and effort. :pissed:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
maybe your butt dyno isn't as accurate as others.

·
Registered
589 Posts
wenger828 said:
maybe your butt dyno isn't as accurate as others.
I want you to dyno your IS300 w/o ground kit and with a ground kit. I'm placing 1,000 dollars on the table if you get +3hp.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
i dont think the purpose of a teck kit is to increase HP, etc..i think it is to get more responsiveness, mainly in shifting and ingition, especially for the eshift owners. thats why most othe 5spd owners recommend not to get it, while the eshifters do. i would prefer ground fusion, simply cuz there are more grounding points, b/c a wire is a wire, but hitting more points is the key.

-Aaron

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I have an e-shift so it might be a future investment... why do some kits cost over 200 dollars, like veilside. Are they better?

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
GreddIS said:
Well I have an e-shift so it might be a future investment... why do some kits cost over 200 dollars, like veilside. Are they better?
they like to butt rape.

·
Registered
910 Posts
dude trust me i had a loose connection in my ECU when i had my SRT, and like stated above i knew imediatly that something wasen't right. If it runs carefree then you have a winner.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha thanx best answer so far...

·
Registered
745 Posts
GreddIS said:
I intalled my SRT intake a couple months ago (by myself) and I can't tell if the ECU is working like it should. The car runs fine, so I think that it must be wired correctly. Am I wrong? Plus, was wondering what you guys thought the best grounding kit was?
Are you not noticing any power gains?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess so... :suspiciou I havnt dynoed it or timed it. If i get a cam gear i guess it will show when i tune it...

·
Registered
861 Posts
If your r ecu is not working. Your car won't even start or run. I've had srt intake and had a problem with the wiring. It was srt's fault for having them pins in harness all messed up. Car would idel all weird, and won't run, and sometimes won't start.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Well look at it this way. The SRT intake is a 3.5 inch tube. While the stock intake tube was...well we'll just say 3". Thats a lot more diameter for air to flow. The stock MAF(mass air flow sensor) is designed for the 3" tube. With the extra air coming through the tube and the MAF slightly off its intended spot because of the bigger diameter, The SRT chip would have to be working if your car runs right otherwise it would have a very lumpy idle if it idle'd at all. I hope that makes since. I am not a technical writer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I get what your sayin haha thanx

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
TeCKis300 said:
The ECU is working fine. If it didn't work, you would know in a hurry.

Agree with this statement. The r/ECU is integral to the operation of an SRT intake, and if the box was fried, your car would barely idle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts