Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into getting a IS300 but it seems that the Jade Mica is very difficult to get? Is this a rare color? Thanks for your help...

·
11,062 Posts
Seems to be less common than some of the others. I've never seen one on the road.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I've only seen one Jade Mica here in San Diego. The only color I have never seen is an Auburn Sky (is that right for the red one?). Now that I have written this, I will probably see one on the road today!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here in pittsburgh I see alot of the silver, and graphite, and a couple of the solar yellow... I just really like that green alot and get frustrated seeing the same color of the same car around...

[ July 19, 2001: Message edited by: serch ]

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have a silver one, and one day on the way home from work I saw two other silver IS's. I only live 10 minutes away from work. There are a lot more IS's in my neighbourhood of Mira Mesa.

·
Registered
132 Posts
This first IS I ever saw was an IJM and I liked it so much I got one for myself. I see them periodically down here but they are definitely much rarer than the silver or white colors.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I've got an IJM w/tan interior. I like the color a lot. One of the downsides is that it's a high maintenance color and requires a lot of upkeep.

01 IJM w/LSD, 5Zigen exhaust, 5Zigen wheels, Toyo Proxes, TRD race sway bars, TRD 5-way adj. shocks, Eibach Pro Kit springs, Blitz SUS filter, custom exh. mani. heat shield, more to come...

·
Registered
362 Posts
I've only seen one jade and one auburn and they were on my dealer's lot when I was looking to buy my car. I was about to get the auburn til I saw it in the sunlight and decided I didn't like it. The jade and auburn were sold to a company that bought SIX IS's for company cars! They also got a graphite and three blues.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Imperial Jade Mica is probably the "most rare" color for an IS300 right now.

When they started production the mix was like this:

30% (1C0) Millenium Silver
20% (202) Black onyx
16% (051) Diamond White Pearl
8% (8M6) Spectra Blue Mica
8% (1C6) Graphite Grey
8% (576) Solar yellow
6% (3N3) Auburn Sky
4% (6Q7) Imperial Jade Mica

I don't know if they adjusted the percentages over time, but still there are like 7 times more silver IS300s than green ones.

·
Registered
78 Posts
my Gs is this color, but there is a guy at work that had the same color, same gs (w/o 17"s and with crappy gold trim) but I have only seen 1 jade IS so far.

·
Registered
385 Posts
when i bought my SBM i thought i was getting a rare color but then i saw an IJM pullin out of the garage. apparently they just sold it and it was beautiful. Perfect shade of green. Ever since then i havent seen any on the road. I have seen one auburn sky too.

Sam

·
Registered
25 Posts
Originally posted by serch:
I am looking into getting a IS300 but it seems that the Jade Mica is very difficult to get? Is this a rare color? Thanks for your help...
Serch:
I test drove one about 3 weeks ago at Rohrich Lexus. At the time all they had was a Jada Mica and White on the lot and a Black in the showroom.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here in pittsburgh I see alot of the silver, and graphite, and a couple of the solar yellow... I just really like that green alot and get frustrated seeing the same color of the same car around...

[ July 19, 2001: Message edited by: serch ]
I love it because this car is so rare here in Pittsburgh. I have only seen about a handful of ISs over the last year. Seen a few black, a few Solar Yellow and that's about it.

[ July 20, 2001: Message edited by: IS300fan ]

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's great to here I might take a ride out to Rohrich this weekend and see what they got, I emailed them a couple days ago actually thru a car site to see what kinda deal they would work and he said they would discount it 2500.. But I could also wait till the new Bobby Rahal Lexus opens up in wexford should be sometime soon... Plus I also need to unload my TRD Toyota Solara....

·
Registered
132 Posts
I was up in Pittsburgh this last weekend, mostly around downtown and the Penn Hills area, and didn't see one IS let alone an IJM.

Down here I usually see 1 or 2 a day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
When I went to purchase my IS back in December, the three dealers in my area were all out of stock with a two week wait, except for Pleasanton and they had just one IS on the lot. An IJM. It wouldn't have been my first choice, but took it anyway cuz I got a great deal. The dealer said it had been sitting there for awhile because nobody liked the color. The miles on the car proved the point.

Well, I can say now that the color has grown on me, and I really like the fact that it's not the same as all the others. In the Bay Area I see IS's on the road everywhere, but have only seen another IJM three other times!

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's great to here I might take a ride out to Rohrich this weekend and see what they got, I emailed them a couple days ago actually thru a car site to see what kinda deal they would work and he said they would discount it 2500.. But I could also wait till the new Bobby Rahal Lexus opens up in wexford should be sometime soon... Plus I also need to unload my TRD Toyota Solara....
Are you sure about the new dealership in Wexford? A friend that I work with who just bought an RX 300 told me that the dealership that is being building in Wexford is going to also be owned and operated by Rohrich. I asked the salesman at Rohrich when I test drove the IS just to confirm. He said that it was indeed going to be another Rohrich owned dealership.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I have to admit, that IJM was not my first choice.

My wife and I wanted a white w/black interior. There were none available and it was a 3 month wait. We couldn't wait, so we picked out a IJM w/tan leather. Talk about opposites.

Initially, I wasn't too thrilled w/the upkeep required of both the light colored interior and dark exterior. However, once I got into a routine, it wasn't so bad.

The car requires bi-weekly washings (my wife works near the ocean) and waxing every two weeks. It's work, but worth it.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by IS300fan:
Are you sure about the new dealership in Wexford? A friend that I work with who just bought an RX 300 told me that the dealership that is being building in Wexford is going to also be owned and operated by Rohrich. I asked the salesman at Rohrich when I test drove the IS just to confirm. He said that it was indeed going to be another Rohrich owned dealership.
Hmmm... It could be Rohrich but I thought I saw a sign for Bobby Rahal.... I will take a look tonight to see what it says... Either way they will hopefully have some type of grand opening sale..... What part of the burgh are you from? I am from Ross Township....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Originally posted by IS300fan:
[qb]Are you sure about the new dealership in Wexford? A friend that I work with who just bought an RX 300 told me that the dealership that is being building in Wexford is going to also be owned and operated by Rohrich. I asked the salesman at Rohrich when I test drove the IS just to confirm. He said that it was indeed going to be another Rohrich owned dealership.
Hmmm... It could be Rohrich but I thought I saw a sign for Bobby Rahal.... I will take a look tonight to see what it says... Either way they will hopefully have some type of grand opening sale..... What part of the burgh are you from? I am from Ross Township....[/QB]
There is a Bobby Rahal dealership going in nearby on 19.

I am from the South Hills...Upper St. Clair

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
11 Participants
IS300fan
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing