Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into getting a IS300 but it seems that the Jade Mica is very difficult to get? Is this a rare color? Thanks for your help...

·
11,062 Posts
Seems to be less common than some of the others. I've never seen one on the road.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I've only seen one Jade Mica here in San Diego. The only color I have never seen is an Auburn Sky (is that right for the red one?). Now that I have written this, I will probably see one on the road today!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here in pittsburgh I see alot of the silver, and graphite, and a couple of the solar yellow... I just really like that green alot and get frustrated seeing the same color of the same car around...

[ July 19, 2001: Message edited by: serch ]

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have a silver one, and one day on the way home from work I saw two other silver IS's. I only live 10 minutes away from work. There are a lot more IS's in my neighbourhood of Mira Mesa.

·
Registered
132 Posts
This first IS I ever saw was an IJM and I liked it so much I got one for myself. I see them periodically down here but they are definitely much rarer than the silver or white colors.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I've got an IJM w/tan interior. I like the color a lot. One of the downsides is that it's a high maintenance color and requires a lot of upkeep.

01 IJM w/LSD, 5Zigen exhaust, 5Zigen wheels, Toyo Proxes, TRD race sway bars, TRD 5-way adj. shocks, Eibach Pro Kit springs, Blitz SUS filter, custom exh. mani. heat shield, more to come...

·
Registered
362 Posts
I've only seen one jade and one auburn and they were on my dealer's lot when I was looking to buy my car. I was about to get the auburn til I saw it in the sunlight and decided I didn't like it. The jade and auburn were sold to a company that bought SIX IS's for company cars! They also got a graphite and three blues.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Imperial Jade Mica is probably the "most rare" color for an IS300 right now.

When they started production the mix was like this:

30% (1C0) Millenium Silver
20% (202) Black onyx
16% (051) Diamond White Pearl
8% (8M6) Spectra Blue Mica
8% (1C6) Graphite Grey
8% (576) Solar yellow
6% (3N3) Auburn Sky
4% (6Q7) Imperial Jade Mica

I don't know if they adjusted the percentages over time, but still there are like 7 times more silver IS300s than green ones.

·
Registered
78 Posts
my Gs is this color, but there is a guy at work that had the same color, same gs (w/o 17"s and with crappy gold trim) but I have only seen 1 jade IS so far.

·
Registered
385 Posts
when i bought my SBM i thought i was getting a rare color but then i saw an IJM pullin out of the garage. apparently they just sold it and it was beautiful. Perfect shade of green. Ever since then i havent seen any on the road. I have seen one auburn sky too.

Sam

·
Registered
25 Posts
Originally posted by serch:
I am looking into getting a IS300 but it seems that the Jade Mica is very difficult to get? Is this a rare color? Thanks for your help...
Serch:
I test drove one about 3 weeks ago at Rohrich Lexus. At the time all they had was a Jada Mica and White on the lot and a Black in the showroom.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here in pittsburgh I see alot of the silver, and graphite, and a couple of the solar yellow... I just really like that green alot and get frustrated seeing the same color of the same car around...

[ July 19, 2001: Message edited by: serch ]
I love it because this car is so rare here in Pittsburgh. I have only seen about a handful of ISs over the last year. Seen a few black, a few Solar Yellow and that's about it.

[ July 20, 2001: Message edited by: IS300fan ]

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's great to here I might take a ride out to Rohrich this weekend and see what they got, I emailed them a couple days ago actually thru a car site to see what kinda deal they would work and he said they would discount it 2500.. But I could also wait till the new Bobby Rahal Lexus opens up in wexford should be sometime soon... Plus I also need to unload my TRD Toyota Solara....

·
Registered
132 Posts
I was up in Pittsburgh this last weekend, mostly around downtown and the Penn Hills area, and didn't see one IS let alone an IJM.

Down here I usually see 1 or 2 a day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
When I went to purchase my IS back in December, the three dealers in my area were all out of stock with a two week wait, except for Pleasanton and they had just one IS on the lot. An IJM. It wouldn't have been my first choice, but took it anyway cuz I got a great deal. The dealer said it had been sitting there for awhile because nobody liked the color. The miles on the car proved the point.

Well, I can say now that the color has grown on me, and I really like the fact that it's not the same as all the others. In the Bay Area I see IS's on the road everywhere, but have only seen another IJM three other times!

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's great to here I might take a ride out to Rohrich this weekend and see what they got, I emailed them a couple days ago actually thru a car site to see what kinda deal they would work and he said they would discount it 2500.. But I could also wait till the new Bobby Rahal Lexus opens up in wexford should be sometime soon... Plus I also need to unload my TRD Toyota Solara....
Are you sure about the new dealership in Wexford? A friend that I work with who just bought an RX 300 told me that the dealership that is being building in Wexford is going to also be owned and operated by Rohrich. I asked the salesman at Rohrich when I test drove the IS just to confirm. He said that it was indeed going to be another Rohrich owned dealership.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I have to admit, that IJM was not my first choice.

My wife and I wanted a white w/black interior. There were none available and it was a 3 month wait. We couldn't wait, so we picked out a IJM w/tan leather. Talk about opposites.

Initially, I wasn't too thrilled w/the upkeep required of both the light colored interior and dark exterior. However, once I got into a routine, it wasn't so bad.

The car requires bi-weekly washings (my wife works near the ocean) and waxing every two weeks. It's work, but worth it.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by IS300fan:
Are you sure about the new dealership in Wexford? A friend that I work with who just bought an RX 300 told me that the dealership that is being building in Wexford is going to also be owned and operated by Rohrich. I asked the salesman at Rohrich when I test drove the IS just to confirm. He said that it was indeed going to be another Rohrich owned dealership.
Hmmm... It could be Rohrich but I thought I saw a sign for Bobby Rahal.... I will take a look tonight to see what it says... Either way they will hopefully have some type of grand opening sale..... What part of the burgh are you from? I am from Ross Township....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Originally posted by IS300fan:
[qb]Are you sure about the new dealership in Wexford? A friend that I work with who just bought an RX 300 told me that the dealership that is being building in Wexford is going to also be owned and operated by Rohrich. I asked the salesman at Rohrich when I test drove the IS just to confirm. He said that it was indeed going to be another Rohrich owned dealership.
Hmmm... It could be Rohrich but I thought I saw a sign for Bobby Rahal.... I will take a look tonight to see what it says... Either way they will hopefully have some type of grand opening sale..... What part of the burgh are you from? I am from Ross Township....[/QB]
There is a Bobby Rahal dealership going in nearby on 19.

I am from the South Hills...Upper St. Clair

1 - 20 of 20 Posts