Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all~

I just have a question..
I have a 2002 is300..n im very new to modification..
I want my IS300 to sound like infiniti cars..like G35
What is making that nice~ sound on G35? or FX35, FX45
is it Intake system? or Exhaust?
Can anyone tell me what it is? and wut kinda brand i should get?
I just love how G35 sound..
i dont want a big loud sound like super modified street racing car.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Exhaust gives you the sound. Now to get you a G35 sound, I have no idea...try Borla.

EDIT: Woo hoo, 50th post, not a Newbie anymore :p

·
Registered
771 Posts
there are a bunch of good exhausts for the IS.. i.e. HKS carbon TI, hiper, draggerII.. and many more.. there is a video somewhere on the site of all kidns of different exhaust revving in a competition.. check it out and see what you like best.. as for getting it to sound like a G35.. that might be tough.. if you figure it out.. let me know

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
my srt intake makes my car somewhat sound liek a g35.. thats wut my friends told me

so get SRT INTAKE w. HKS HIPER

·
Banned
1,474 Posts
intake, custom bpipe, and hks hiper. itll give that sound or that what it sounded like to me. maybe deeper

·
Registered
238 Posts
hiper is a lil more expensive and supposidly gives more hp and is harder to find than the drager II.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
id say your best bet is to search dude. search for quiet exhausts. you will find clips.
imo l-tuned or l-sportline exhaust will give you what you want. stay with a quiet exhaust, and either keep the stock headers or stock y-pipe one or the other or both.

an exhaust is mainly what your looking for if you want that sound

goodluck

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
id say your best bet is to buy a infiniti, although i was in your same boat and loved the sound but i settled for the tanabe hyper medallion and y pipe which sounds incredible

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
speedyj88 said:
Exhaust gives you the sound. Now to get you a G35 sound, I have no idea...try Borla.

EDIT: Woo hoo, 50th post, not a Newbie anymore :p
And why exactly is 50 the mark from newbie to community?

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
If you really want it to sound like a G35, just swap in the VQ engine. Be the first on the boards to do that swap. Not too bad, should bolt right up.

But yeah, a nice exhaust will make the car sound so much more aggressive.

·
Registered
372 Posts
^^^^correct me if im wrong but i highly doubt the FQ motor from the G35 will bolt right up with our cars...not even the GTE motor bolts up as easily as people think...if it was that easy im sure people would rather just swap the motor instead of getting a turbo kit for our cars.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
HALOALTEzZA said:
^^^^correct me if im wrong but i highly doubt the VQ motor from the G35 will bolt right up with our cars...not even the GTE motor bolts up as easily as people think...if it was that easy im sure people would rather just swap the motor instead of getting a turbo kit for our cars.

haha he was just being sarcastic dude. :) all is good

good lookn out

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
HALOALTEzZA said:
^^^^correct me if im wrong but i highly doubt the FQ motor from the G35 will bolt right up with our cars...not even the GTE motor bolts up as easily as people think...if it was that easy im sure people would rather just swap the motor instead of getting a turbo kit for our cars.

Extreme sarcasm my friend. Take it easy.

Reactions: sMoKeScReEn

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
i'll have to go with the earlier post, and say buy a G35. Most cars exhaust tones are specific to their engine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wow..thanks for all the reply..
hm..looks like there is no way to make is300 sound like infiniti..darn..
now i gotta find someone who has hiper, n hear how they sound..hehe
or someone with SRT
thanks for the info guyz~

1 - 20 of 28 Posts