Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of the time I am only IS driver on the road. I also see most car magazine don't say anything about IS and put IS car in the cover either.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
Tell me, what are these "stickers" you have? ^^^

·
Blue Glowie
3,769 Posts
krid_is said:
Most of the time I am only IS driver on the road. I also see most car magazine don't say anything about IS and put IS car in the cover either.
I would say it depends where you live. There are quite a few people on here that have one of the only IS's in their area.

Down here where I live there are quite a few around. I see at least 1 on the road per day, but I drive a lot too.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
lil' IS 300 said:
jedi said:
lil' IS 300 said:
I think the first thing you should do is retake an English class.
That was a pretty rude comment.

I am sure you speak perfect Thai, right?
Woops..I didn't see where he was from :oops:

Sorry.
you bastards are really quick to judge somebody and flame them for what its worth :roll: thats what wrong with this damn board right now :bitching:

·
Registered
5 Posts
lil' IS 300 said:
Woops..I didn't see where he was from :oops:

Sorry.
Even if he was from the US...why are ppl like you so quick to bash others about their grammar on a freaking msg board??? I'm sure you don't run a grammar/spell check every time you post. Stick with the topic and stop being such a dick.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
who cares? drive what makes you happy

·
Registered
703 Posts
krid_is said:
Krid... the reality is:

The IS is extremely popular imo, people wish they could afford it. Its not like a honda civic where everyone and their mom has one. 8)

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'd say it's becoming more popular. When I first got mine two years ago I was lucky to see another one once a month. Now I see one at least once a week, sometimes once a day. Also, everyone that sees mine says they'd love to get one or that there spouse is dying to get one...

·
Registered
306 Posts
I think the reason it's not as "popular" in car magazines is because most people can't afford them. They are also pretty expensive to mod. The potential is there, just not everyone can tap into that potential.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Well, I'm not sure if it's money that's the issue... maybe elsewhere that isn't as affluent or as car-focused as Southern California.

The IS300 is quite popular where I live (SoCal), but it isn't as popular as it could be for two facts:

1. Many people:
- a. can appreciate accelerative power. But just as many are insensitive nor drive quick enough to appreciate superior handling.
- b. do not understand/appreciate the advantage a well-tuned RWD configuration can offer to driving performance and enjoyment.
- c. do not understand why it costs more to build a RWD car over FWD (and often even AWD). Hence they do not appreciate the reason to the fact that FWD competitors can offer better value elsewhere (engine, interior, size).

2. And for those who do desire a driver's car but aren't really car fans to know the intricacies or even what's going on in the industry, the fact that the IS300 doesn't have a BMW badge on it hurts its appeal. When these people think of driver's cars, they automatically think "BMW" to the exclusion of everything else. You do have to give props to both BMW's marketing and consistency in building well-driving cars. Does BMW always build the best driver's cars? No. But like Sony products, you're always assured that you will at the very least get a pretty good driver's car anywhere in their model line, anytime.

·
11,062 Posts
I think Off-Trac summed it up nicely.

People just don't understand when I say I love the handling and the RWD.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
i see about three a week maybe and most of the time they are in their early/mid thirties, i've seen a a few drivers who looked like they were around 25 though, one of the main reasons i bought the IS was b/c i did have a civic (laugh now) and everybody in my area has a civic/integra and they "try" to make them look good which was making me look bad

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Yeah, I agree, It depends where u live, heard that there r heaps in FL, but where i m i think we hav only sold about 100 since there r out, very hard to c them round here, maybe a IS200 sometimes and we r out numbered by used imports altezzas............

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
21 Participants
RedIS300Chic
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing