Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting a 2002 IS but need your honest opinions in regards to the interior of the car...does it grow on you or does it leave you cold..i presently drive a 95 BMW 325is bl with sand leather..still beatiful..love the interior..the IS i have driven didnt evoke the same feeling as my BMW when i drove it..how do you guys and gals feel about your car now after these last 6 mos of availability..also considering new a4 and bmw325ci..thanks

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I have an SBM w/Ivory interior and personally really like the interior. I admit it's not the most luxurious interior, but then the IS isn't designed solely to be a luxury sedan...it's a sports luxury sedan. I like the high-tech look and chrome accents. The materials could have been a bit more expensive-looking considering the price of the car, but it works.

Also, I originally didn't want the wood trim (that in N. California is the only way you can get the LSD package), but it grows on you. I've gotten many compliments on both the interior and exterior of the car (and I work in a corporate environment...plenty of BMWs, Porsches and MB's).

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the sil. w/bk. leather. I love the Interior even after 7 months!!! I had a deposit on a BMW (Black 328ia) and took my wife to look at it, her opinion counts too.
It had the tan leather premium pkg. After driving and looking at it thoughly I found it to be too conservitive and stark.My wife thought it looked to plain for a $39K car. Also the equipment level wasn't even in the same catagory as the IS (for the price).
I got cold feet on it and decided to wait for the IS to come in. When we first set our eyes (and butts) on the IS we were both hooked. Not a moment of regret.

My $.02

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well I have a white IS with Ivory interior and I bought a 28-piece wood kit and all off a sudden my dull IS has turned into a Bentley it is very luxorius it's gorgeus inside it covers all the plastic

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm on the bubble too. I'm in an Audi A4 2.8 Quattro right now, and considering the IS300 (when the manual comes out in Aug, hopefully), and a 330Ci.

I love the exterior body panels, engine, and handling of the IS, but the tail lights and the interior really put me off. It's like a German adult designed the body and mechanicals and some kid tacked on the tail lights and did a Buck Rogers interior.

No offense to those who love the IS, I too think it's a great car, and only Lexus' first attempt to build a German-style sports sedan. The revisions to this model and following generations will be fantastic cars.

But I'm an adult and I want a manual trans, solid red tail lights,simple black gauges with white numbers, and a tasteful interior. Please no flames, just giving a relatively unbiased opinion.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I agree with the posts you've gotten. The IS is not the most luxurious interior but it's different than what everybody else is doing. Most of the time when I hear people complain about the interior it's because they're comparing it to the traditional Lexus luxury interior. But to me, that's what makes it so special because it's so different and innovative. Everybody and their mother has full leather seats, wood and optional nav. But there's something about this car, even though others may be faster 0-60, that makes you get that race car feeling. I believe C and D called it that born to frolic feeling!!! I added wood also. I believe there's 2 different choices, the 24 and 28 piece set. The pieces may be incorrect, but there are 2.

------------------

·
Registered
237 Posts
I think the IS interior is too much like a Toyota and less like a Lexus...need some more high tech audio equipment in there...and not those stupid climate controls...ehh

------------------
'01 Millenium Silver Metallic IS300

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
I think the IS's climate controls are simple but elegant. I'd rather have a dial to change the temperature instead of a button, though I wouldn't mind a digital readout.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I like IS's interior because it is simple to operate something, but at the same time, unique (in a good way).
Dookie, can you post your interior pics w/ wood trim? I really want to see how it looks. Thanks.

------------------
K.P.

·
Registered
994 Posts
When I first saw the IS, way back in December of 1999, I fell in love with both the interior and exterior. I do agree with LexoBoi (sup Brad) about the interior being more Toyota-like than Lexus-like. It would have been awesome if Lexus made the interior more Lexus-like, ie. electroluminescent gauges, real cup holders, auto-dimming rear view mirrors, etc.. but what I really miss is the navigation system. Actually, those 4 are my own gripes, with the NAV being the most important. I think the 2002 model does come with auto-dimming rear-view mirrors and navigation system. Not sure about the cup holders or the gauges.

(Evil thoughts of trading-in flashing through my mind..)

--k

[This message has been edited by chiem (edited January 16, 2001).]

·
Registered
219 Posts
I love the seats. They are the most comfortable seats I have had in a car. Don't like the orange lights at night - would prefer white/blue.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The interior still gets rave reviews from every new person that rides in my Black IS, I've had mine since June and love it just the same...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts