Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called my dealer and they are doing the ECU/TRAC update on my car Tuesday.

I am also having them look at some other things that are bothering me.

My brake pedal seems to be really soft sometimes, and other times very hard. When it is soft it will go about 1/2 as much farther down before I get good stopping power.

Next my car is only averaging about 13.5-14mpg. I don't even drive in PWR mode, although a can be pretty aggressive at times.

Lastly I have cloth seats. The drivers tside seat is starting to make a popping sound when I am going into a corner, and no I am not a fat @$$

Anywho just thought I would post this, and I will follow up on my experience.

BTW I reserved a IS loaner which is cool, I will drive it really nicely

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I got my ECU and TRAC done and I'm sure you'll enjoy the results.

I also had that popping noise coming from the driver's seat (I have cloth as well). They had to replace the seat rails and seat adjusters, but now it is fine... I believe there were a few other people with cloth seats on this board with this problem. Don't worry, it's all under warranty...

As for the soft brakes, I haven't noticed that on my IS.

Good luck!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually ended up taking my car in today instead of tomorrow.

I got a new RX300 for a loaner, no IS

But my service chick ain't bad

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well-
Lindsey with Sewell called on 9/11. and told me that the TRAC/ECU update had been done, the undercarriage piece had been replaced. That my brake fading was not pinpointed but they bled the brakes and they could not forsee any reason why I was getting such terrible gas mileage. Then she said that they had duplicated the seat popping noise, but didn't have anythig to fix it, that it was a product of the cloth seats.

I said that I know people around the US that have had this problem and it can and will be fixed and I am not picking up my car and returning the loaner until it is fixed, and I will not turn in the loaner car until a plan is devised on how to fix the problem.

I know I'm a butthole but.....

Anyway that was on 9/11 today is 9/13 and no contact since then. I am just enjoying putting miles on the brand new RX they have let me drive.

I'll post final results

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FYI-
I talked to my service chick again yesterday and I told them that if they wanted me to tell them how to fix the seat that I would, and she just laughed. I told her that if they would replace seat adjusters and rails and put some lube where the seat belt latch connects to the body of the car that it would almost surely correct the problem.

She asked me how I knew all this and I said, "I have friends in high places".

Besides the fact that she probably thinks I am a little wierd and bothersome, she called me back and said that since no one else had any better ideas that they would listen to the customer for once and look into replacing those parts.

Go Figure-

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
is300dawg
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing