Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to get a sc300 till my gf saw the size of the back seat and now she says no. Well now I am allowed to "upgrade" to a IS300. I gathered parts for a turbo sc300 and now I am wondering what all will work and all. First of all, what injectors are on the IS300 and what type (saturated low imdedance or peak hold high impedance)? Also, will supra tt manifolds bolt to the IS head and from what I recall there is no distributor correct? What fuel computer is of choice on these cars? I was going to go vpc-acf combo on the SC. but now I am not sure what I am exactly going to do. I am going to put this "kit" together myself and hopefully make around 500wrhp with a SP 61 or so turbo. What are teh guru's opinions on all this? thanks

Will

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
supra mani wont bolt on the is300 head, but then it wont bolt on the sc300 head either. Is300 has a coil for every 2 cyclinders. Injectors are high impodance.

The rest Ill leave to more experience people :lol: Im using an emanage though.

BigWillyC said:
I was going to get a sc300 till my gf saw the size of the back seat and now she says no. Well now I am allowed to "upgrade" to a IS300. I gathered parts for a turbo sc300 and now I am wondering what all will work and all. First of all, what injectors are on the IS300 and what type (saturated low imdedance or peak hold high impedance)? Also, will supra tt manifolds bolt to the IS head and from what I recall there is no distributor correct? What fuel computer is of choice on these cars? I was going to go vpc-acf combo on the SC. but now I am not sure what I am exactly going to do. I am going to put this "kit" together myself and hopefully make around 500wrhp with a SP 61 or so turbo. What are teh guru's opinions on all this? thanks

Will

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what size injectors are these bad boys running? :) I amlooking into getting like 550's or maybe 680's. Depends what teh stock fuel system can handle (TT pump) I am undecided if I want to go with a SP63 turbo or something a lil smaller (sp60) and use 550's. It all basically is determined on useable tuning options. ALSO... datalogging... who what where and how much?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts