Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just got my IS and the keyless entry buttons dont seem to work. I replaced the battery and did some 2 button reset rig some stereo guy told me to do and it still dosent work...any other ideas? maybe the "brain unit" took a dump? or whatever...thanx for any help guys...

By the way I did run a search and came up wit $hit!

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
You probably need a new remote.

By the way, welcome aboard, enjoy surfing the site and don't let the mod bug bite hard. :)

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
MyTelex22 said:
Hey guys I just got my IS and the keyless entry buttons dont seem to work. I replaced the battery and did some 2 button reset rig some stereo guy told me to do and it still dosent work...any other ideas? maybe the "brain unit" took a dump? or whatever...thanx for any help guys...

By the way I did run a search and came up wit $hit!
I think you have to re-synch the keyless with your vehicle's ecu.... try the inside and out subforum or if all else fails, the stealers should know on how to do that... :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
While sitting in the car with a drivers door open and unlocked, cycle the key and pull it out. Hit lock and unlock 5 times, close and open the door, lock/unlock five times, cycle the key, pull the key out ......the doors should aut0matically start locking and unlocking if you did it correctly. While they are doing that hold lock and unlock on the remote for 2 seconds then hold lock for two seconds.

Eric

Reactions: amitkc

·
Registered
4,254 Posts

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
vwluv10338 said:
While sitting in the car with a drivers door open and unlocked, cycle the key and pull it out. Hit lock and unlock 5 times, close and open the door, lock/unlock five times, cycle the key, pull the key out ......the doors should aut0matically start locking and unlocking if you did it correctly. While they are doing that hold lock and unlock on the remote for 2 seconds then hold lock for two seconds.

Eric
Would hit you with the + rep but I have given out too much in the last 24 hours. Good info.

·
Registered
235 Posts
With the drivers door open and unlocked press lock/unlock on the door 5 times. I actually just hit lock and then start counting to ten every time I hit the button 1lock, 2unlock, 3 lock, 4 unlock...etc. When you get to ten that was 5 lock/unlocks.

Eric

·
Registered
235 Posts
Cool, glad to hear you got it programed. Sometimes a car will just give you a hard time and it takes a few times to get it.

Eric

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
damn, i wish i saw this before i paid the stealership $50 for this crap.

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
5,631 Posts
vwluv10338 said:

Eric
very good post! + rep to you!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am having the same problem in my 01 IS. I did the steps that were given above and everything worked as it should. But when i hold the lock and unlock buttons on my key the door stops locking/unlocking itself. Then when i hit the lock button on the key the door locks and unlocks itself twice. And then nothing happens the keyless entry still does not work. Am i missing a final step or is this just the car giving me a hard time and should i do it a couple more times. I've already done it three times and it hasn't taken to it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts