Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand Lexus does this for safety reasons. Any idea how to turn this off? If someone else in the car other than the driver wants to watch a movie - it can't be done while driving. I figure there's gotta be a way around it.

Thx.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well, i don't have a snazzy stock system, but i do have an Alpine in-dash one that does the same thing. I have been trying to figure out how to bypass that safety issue as well.... I did a google search for "alpine dvd without parking brake" and it brought up a bunch of results that looked promising... however, i don't understand any of that electronic mumbo-jumbo so i am going to have my fiancé look at it haha. I would assume that those techniques they are using on the Alpines would also work for the stock system. Sorry i don't have a better answer... good luck!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Is the system the same as the x50's? If it is, you could try:

Nav Hack

or

Destination Entry in motion

I know when I did the bypass for my aftermarket Pioneer Avic Z2, you had to ground the parking brake, the first link confirms a similar process. Good luck!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well, i don't have a snazzy stock system, but i do have an Alpine in-dash one that does the same thing. I have been trying to figure out how to bypass that safety issue as well.... I did a google search for "alpine dvd without parking brake" and it brought up a bunch of results that looked promising... however, i don't understand any of that electronic mumbo-jumbo so i am going to have my fiancé look at it haha. I would assume that those techniques they are using on the Alpines would also work for the stock system. Sorry i don't have a better answer... good luck!

which alpine system do you have?

In my prior car, I have an alpine iva-d105 system, and to eliminate the need for the parking break to be on to watch a dvd, all you need to do is buy a video bypass. I got mine installed at Al & Eds and it works perfectly. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
66 Posts
THere is a thread over on CL on a guy who did the nav hack on the IS-F.

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts