Lexus IS Forum banner

IS-F Unsprung weight

947 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Johnnysks 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Just for comparison's sake... what's the weights for an IS300, IS350 and let's say an M3 or something?

#3 ·
VOLK Racing CE28N in comparable size: 19.2lbs.

ROTORA 6 pot caliper: 9.4 lbs.

#4 ·
u have to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges. ie a forged 19x9" wheel and a 6 pot caliper.

#9 ·
Hmm... that's nearly an extra 50 lbs of unsprung weights on just the two parts you mentioned. Which according to some people is the equivalent of over 200 lbs of sprung weight. :shocked:

I can only guess this is due to what clubfoot said... them looking for long term reliability... and/or it's accountants at work.

Maybe these issues will be taken care of with the IS-F/R??? :confused:

Still tho... generally speaking... would you care about the weight if the car performs amazing? The one car that comes to mind in this case is the Nissan GT-R. It's a relatively heavy car... but it out-performs everything in sight. There's a video from Autocar comparing the 911 GT3 and the Nissan GT-R... and although the GT-R was a few hundred pounds heavier... it still lapped faster than the 911 GT-3.

#10 ·
I was just looking up some info on the IS-F... as I am talking about them to a Subie friend. I just noticed on Lexus website they are actually bragging about how light-weight the rims are... and how BBS is the same company that makes ultra-lightweight and strong forged rims for racing... including Formula 1.

#11 ·
Well, marketing is marketing, and engineers are engineers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.