Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
:approve: Sweet! I'm signed up for the 11:30 session as well. I know NaFooEsi is also signed up for the same session.

Wonder if they'd let our Turbo IS's on the track? Hahha..wishful thinking. It should be a blast though.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:approve: Sweet! I'm signed up for the 11:30 session as well. I know NaFooEsi is also signed up for the same session.

Wonder if they'd let our Turbo IS's on the track? Hahha..wishful thinking. It should be a blast though.
I'm signed up for the 7:30 session...hopefully the IS-F's don't break down by 11:30...because i'm going to drive it, like I stole it!:lol:

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
^Wish i could goto the Friday event..

I am trying to sign up for the Sat/Sun event and it looks full already.... !?

Did this info on the Event just get released or has it been out for a while?? :suspiciou

Joe Z

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^Wish i could goto the Friday event..

I am trying to sign up for the Sat/Sun event and it looks full already.... !?

Did this info on the Event just get released or has it been out for a while?? :suspiciou

Joe Z
I called their toll free number and they said the phone reservation just started last friday and the online part was around for two weeks now? Sat/Sun event is full, but I still signed up for it, just in case they come up with some opening.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
This event is definitely a bargain as jruhi4 mentioned...

$295 - Lexus Performance Driving Academy

$595 Audi Driving Experience 1/2 Day Enthusiast Program
$1295 BMW M School
$1295 Mercedes AMG Challenge

·
Registered
22 Posts
Should be great time. I too am signed up for 11:30 on the 30th.

By the way, do any of you know if we need to bring a helmet?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Should be great time. I too am signed up for 11:30 on the 30th.

By the way, do any of you know if we need to bring a helmet?
......from tasteoflexus.com website:
What should I wear?
A: We encourage casual and comfortable attire that is appropriate for the climate. As a safety consideration, we require long pants and closed-toe shoes such as sneakers or other rubber-soled shoes. Professional driving suits are discouraged. Helmets will be provided. Remember to bring your preferred sun protection items (ie: sunscreen, sunglasses).

Here's the event FAQ link:
https://www.tasteoflexus.com/performance/faq.asp

·
Registered
22 Posts
......from tasteoflexus.com website:
What should I wear?
A: We encourage casual and comfortable attire that is appropriate for the climate. As a safety consideration, we require long pants and closed-toe shoes such as sneakers or other rubber-soled shoes. Professional driving suits are discouraged. Helmets will be provided. Remember to bring your preferred sun protection items (ie: sunscreen, sunglasses).

Here's the event FAQ link:
https://www.tasteoflexus.com/performance/faq.asp
After reading the link I am even more excited about the event on Friday. I am just a little concerned that after driving the F for a couple hours I am gong to be heading to the dealer to trade in the 350 right away.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
After reading the link I am even more excited about the event on Friday. I am just a little concerned that after driving the F for a couple hours I am gong to be heading to the dealer to trade in the 350 right away.
There's nothing wrong with that. Don't worry. You have our permission to do it! :approve:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Signed for 11:30 as well. Looking forward to meet other My.is and CL members there...

·
Registered
22 Posts
How often do you guys with paddle shifters use them? I think spending some time shifting through the gears would be a good idea prior to the 30th.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Come on guys, sign up for the Friday event. It's worth it all. Where else can you get to drive the IS-F on the track and spend 4.5 hours doing so? Why go to the Sat/Sun event where there will be lines to wait to drive the IS-F. The ULTIMATE is the way to go!!!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
All the spots for the Fontana event have been filled and registration for that event is now closed. There are still spaces at the other tracks so please sign up as soon as you can. Once the spots are filled, you'll be sorry.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
OMG! I just did this event at the Joliet Autobahn. The free event.
WOW. Simply amazing. Best event I have been too.
We had lunch.
Then driving instruction.
Then a little AutoX course with the IS350, IS350 with F-Sport Mods, and IS250 MT and a Lexus GS450h.
Then we had an actual Road course event where we got to follow a pro driver in an IS-F. WOW. Car is a monster. First time I drove the IS-F.
Then we got to do hot laps with the Pro Driver driving. They were incredible.
Amazing event.
Very stoked.

The paddle shifters in the IS-F were incredible. Brilliant Engineering. Now I truely know why they went that way instead of the regular manual. I love a manual transmission. But, this is above and beyond.

Reactions: jruhi4
1 - 20 of 66 Posts