Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carson Toyota now has IS-F tail lights available for you to install on your ISX50. If you want them they are $299.

Here's a link to the sale webpage. L-Tuned Parts - ISF Tail Light Upgrade

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
that's just clearing out the yellow bits.. for $299 too? crazy...

not worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
IMO the mod to make the yellow red looks better, and a lot cheeper.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
For idiots like me can you post a comparison photo please?

Digger08

·
Registered
218 Posts
omg im so tempted to get them...i can't stand the amber lights and redding them out with the vinyls dun look so great

but $299 for just the outer part of the tail-light is quite pricey

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
^^^
and if you read the fine print its actually $299 EACH SIDE!!!

which is why I'd say its not worth it...

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
^^^
and if you read the fine print its actually $299 EACH SIDE!!!

which is why I'd say its not worth it...
$600 for new tails? Wonder what the markup is on those things.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Looks alright on a white IS.. but it still doesn't justify the price. On the contrary, E90 blacklines cost around $300 for BOTH sides inner AND outer rear housings. That's a TOM's lip.

·
Registered
887 Posts
omg im so tempted to get them...i can't stand the amber lights and redding them out with the vinyls dun look so great

I do not agree with you on this one...... reddout vinyl is a perfect match and you can't almost noticed it on the tailight when it's well done;)

·
Registered
218 Posts
I do not agree with you on this one...... reddout vinyl is a perfect match and you can't almost noticed it on the tailight when it's well done;)
i had the red out vinyl on my car...but i mean in comparison to these set of taillights, the white looks better than a complete red-out esp on a SGM colored IS

would a group buy make it cheaper or no cuz not enough demand?? and they are OEM correct?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thought I heard rumblings about a group buy for these lights being organized for Club Lexus. I think you should contact Carson Toyota... because they were the ones supposedly organizing it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Tempting but $299 per tail light is quite expensive. If it was $100-$150 a pair I would most definately get it since I like clear than amber. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Heys, Does anyone know how to take off the outer taillights ??? apart from unscrewing the obvious bults is there clips ad stuff i need to unclip ?
cant seem to pull them off and dont wana break it...

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got these tail lamps in and Im also looking for some instructions on how to swap them out. I couldn't find a how-to anywhere on here.

1,800 Posts

you shouldnt have bought the car if you dislike more then you actually like the ass of the 2ndGen. :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts