Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
.net superior m.f.
23,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dunno. I did the 'build my own' on the web site. it looked like I could get away with a lease for ~$2000 out of pocket and ~$780/month.

so i call dealership and first of all they only models they can get have more options, so a little more $$ I figure. I need to bring them >$4k and it will be $896/month!

I'd have to put >$10k down to lease for upper $700s / month.

wtf? why such a descrep?

·
.net superior m.f.
23,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm guessing it will slow or speed planet orbit, depending on which way the car is facing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I always adjust an additional $100/month to my calculations to reflect actual dealership pricing.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
i dunno. I did the 'build my own' on the web site. it looked like I could get away with a lease for ~$2000 out of pocket and ~$780/month.

so i call dealership and first of all they only models they can get have more options, so a little more $$ I figure. I need to bring them >$4k and it will be $896/month!

wtf? why such a descrep?
Give it a couple of months and maybe they will have a special on lease deals.

·
.net superior m.f.
23,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Give it a couple of months and maybe they will have a special on lease deals.
'special'? I just want it to be close to the web site 'payment estimator' - how on Earth can it be $thousands and thousands off?

it's not just the >>$100 / month more, that bothers me - it's how it would take >$10,000 down to get the payments the same. I would call that a $10k discrepancy.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
because all the ones allocated right now are fully loaded..

later in the summer/fall, you will be able to order them bare bones with just a plain radio/no sunroof/etc for around $54k from what our lexus eastern area rep told us a cpl days ago....

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
'special'? I just want it to be close to the web site 'payment estimator' - how on Earth can it be $thousands and thousands off?

it's not just the >>$100 / month more, that bothers me - it's how it would take >$10,000 down to get the payments the same. I would call that a $10k discrepancy.
It is hot right now and dealerships are trying to rob people. The leasing prices they are quoting are absolutely ridiculous. The same thing happened to me. I walked away pissed.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts

My uncle who is the finance manager at Longo Lexus said by the end of the year there should be a good lease plan on the isF. It will probably be like 5k down and 799.00 a month. On approved credit. All cars when they first come out have outrageous lease plans like when I was looking at the BMW 335 which was 799 a month when it first came out, now it's like 5k down 499.00 a month. oh well that's just what I heard and most leased cars end of getting priced lower for lease not value after it's been released a year.

·
.net superior m.f.
23,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is hot right now and dealerships are trying to rob people. The leasing prices they are quoting are absolutely ridiculous. The same thing happened to me. I walked away pissed.

I've really confused the locaal Lexus dealership. I wrote:

ustomer Comments: My gullible self... I went to lexus.com and 'built my own' IS-F. the options I want make the car $56,7xx.xx. I opted for the payment estimator and it predicted for a 10,000mile 60-month lease I would need $18xx.xx and my monthly payment would be $702. this is affordabe to me. So I call Pohanka and Peter quotes me $4500 out of pocket and $896/month. Why the terrible unaffordable discrepancy? The quote 'estimator' on lexus.com should be close to what one expects to pay. I plan to escalate this question to Lexus and to various dealerships. I'm disappointed and will end up buying another car.
The page used to send this lead is ContactUsForm.
I immediately got this response:

Mark,

This is a copy of an email I sent to our Area manager trying to get an answer to your concern. Please give me some time to get to the bottom of this before we give up on you getting an IS-F

Thanks,

Eric

Laura,

Please get back to me on this ASAP. I believe that they are using the IS250/350 rate to calculated this lease but I did not see anything in writing that say it applies to the IS-F. Can you clear this up for me before we both lose a customer.

I know the payment Peter quoted was on the 61k car but I still can't get the base payment to work with std lease factors

Thanks

Eric

·
Vendor
4,813 Posts
I think that is due to the fact that a lease typically means the dealership is charging you what THEY want to. In this case it probably has 10K adjustment in the positive direction. They basically look at a lease and an opportunity to charge you the maximum price if they can get you agree on a monthly payment. I agree that this car is def. a lease target given the sticker, but you will have to wait until the demand falls off to ge tthe best deal....unless you find a dealer with lower demand in another state.

Fig

·
Registered
4,765 Posts

wtf? why such a descrep?
The web site doesn't take into account the fact that it is now virtually impossible to get affordable credit if your credit score is under 800...

·
Registered
487 Posts
the dealer is quoting me 1250 per month financing with no downpayment at 63 months? TTL included.

·
.net superior m.f.
23,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The web site doesn't take into account the fact that it is now virtually impossible to get affordable credit if your credit score is under 800...
we hadn't even gotten to the point of credit score yet. i just wanted a quote.

I can buy the car with a 72 month loan for less than the lease price they quoted me. That means the IS-F will be worth $0 in about 6 years. Nioce.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
we hadn't even gotten to the point of credit score yet. i just wanted a quote.

I can buy the car with a 72 month loan for less than the lease price they quoted me. That means the IS-F will be worth $0 in about 6 years. Nioce.
Obviously they haven't updated their lease factors yet...

Let us know what they come back with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I talked to a sales rep at a lexus dealership and they said the reason the payment estimator is higher is because it is based on the car having a 60 percent residual when in actuality the car car has a 49 percent residual for a 60 month lease. So thats why it ends up being cheaper on the payment estimator.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts