Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Testdrive them all.
Yeah, I agree here. The last thing you need is another person's opinion over and over. You need to form your own here. And thats really not going to happen in this car forum. You need to spend an hour or two in both cars. Sleep on it one night and which ever one you gut tells you to go with, do it. Both are great choices. You can't make a bad decision here.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I say IS-F..

Moroso is having a test drive run for the IS-F's soon, there's a thread about it somewhere.. only a couple hours from you, but deff worth it..

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish I can make it but I have to work, I will test drive it when my dealership gets it in. So jruhi are you going to take videos and pics? By the way are your grandchild a boy or a girl? I remember seeing you at the taste of lexus event i was right behind you in the line.....

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
So jruhi are you going to take videos and pics?
Just some pics, but I trust there's plenty of folks going who have great cameras, both photo and video.

By the way are your grandchild a boy or a girl?
Two grandsons. They'll turn 7 months and 1 year 5 months in a few days.

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm aiming for either the AMG or the 2008 M3. All three are very good but I think the AMG would take IS-F in a drag and the M3 would take it on the track. Just a matter of personal preference I guess.

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
I'm aiming for either the AMG or the 2008 M3. All three are very good but I think the AMG would take IS-F in a drag and the M3 would take it on the track. Just a matter of personal preference I guess.
I would question the M3's ability to take the AMG this time around. The AMG engineer's on this car were not F-ing around this time. I'm looking for the upset when they go head-to-head.

Get the AMG. The IS-F doesn't have a chance straight line or in the turns, and lets face it, if you're in this segment of the market, reliability isn't in the top 3-5 priorities on your list. Reliability is a bonus in this segment. Plus, I've been reading that MB has been trying to turn it around, so we'll see.

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
I would question the M3's ability to take the AMG this time around. The AMG engineer's on this car were not F-ing around this time. I'm looking for the upset when they go head-to-head.

Get the AMG. The IS-F doesn't have a chance straight line or in the turns, and lets face it, if you're in this segment of the market, reliability isn't in the top 3-5 priorities on your list. Reliability is a bonus in this segment. Plus, I've been reading that MB has been trying to turn it around, so we'll see.
Are you serious? Have you seen the top gear video? The M3 murdered the C63 on track...it was not even close.

Before you go and spew BS onto this forum on things you know nothing about why don't you go and research. First off, you don't know shit about the ISF so your just speculating, and second you clearly haven't been reading up or keeping informed as the M3 WORKED the C63 in EVERYTHING but a drag race.

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
Are you serious? Have you seen the top gear video? The M3 murdered the C63 on track...it was not even close.

Before you go and spew BS onto this forum on things you know nothing about why don't you go and research. First off, you don't know shit about the ISF so your just speculating, and second you clearly haven't been reading up or keeping informed as the M3 WORKED the C63 in EVERYTHING but a drag race.
You watching the youtube video with top gear?

The same group that called the SMG tranny rubbish? Rumor right now is that the C63 did not have an LSD, which is worth at LEAST 5 sec on the track. And I know that from my track events driving an IS with LSD and another without LSD.

And you haven't been paying attention. The C63 WOKRED the M3 in everything BUT the track event. Check 5th gear, check top gear, and all the mags. Guess what, no new news there, same old story. I had high hopes, but no such luck. I'd like to see a CONRFIRMED comparison with the C63 LSD-equipped.

Perhaps they should compare apples to apples, and throw the CLK63 against the M3. Let me explain that to you, thats comparing two 2-doors, okay?

I'm not going to argue with you. It's very clear you aren't going to go wrong with any of those cars. Now lets find out if the IS-F can play with the big dawgs. I'm cautiously optimistic.

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
I'm not going to argue with you. It's very clear you aren't going to go wrong with any of those cars. Now lets find out if the IS-F can play with the big dawgs. I'm cautiously optimistic.
I agree.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Isn't the C63 AMG known for being more of a C-class with a huge engine than a car that handles with finesse??? I've heard pretty good things about the IS-F's handling... and while the engine is not as big as the Merc... it's still a powerhouse.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
IF-F for me, for sure! It's got the best of both worlds: big engine torque/horsepower and a masterfully tuned suspension that'll keep you planted on the road, unless you deliberately want to go sideways. Plus, it's the best looking of the bunch, IMO.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts