Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I got this game handed to me at an LA Auto Show.

Unfortunately it's only for PCs, and I'm still on PPC mac so I can't run bootcamp as I don't have an intel processor :(

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
This is the same game that was first released at SEMA 2007 in Las Vegas. Copies of the game were handed out and there were 3 simulators with real IS-F seats for people to race against.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Just started playing. I like it, but I'm a terrible driver! :(
Tips for newbs on the game, go to settings and difficulty and choose full steering assist, just to get the lay of the track. It's helped even me. :)
no no no no noooooooooooo!!! Do not do that! Turn everything off and drive like a man. :cool:

I have everything off except for Traction control on "low" and ABS.

Here's a video of me. The video quality is crappy because I had to get the file size down to host it.

Reactions: IS-F-I-Found

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I have a Logitech Momo Racing wheel. It's pretty good... it has force feedback. Since rFactor is more of a sim racer than an arcade game... it's almost impossible to do well on it with a keyboard. You really need to feel the forces in order to do a good lap. For example when I was driving in that video... you could feel the forces of the understeer in each corner. That's how I knew how hard I could push and kept blipping the throttle. If I was doing it based just on hearing tires squeal... I wouldn't be able to react that well.

This is what my wheel looks like. If you don't have a wheel... I suggest getting one. They make the games much more realistic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts