Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive thought about this since the IS-F pics were released. i figure since the TT brakes fit the IS300 and the IS350 brakes are similar to the TT brakes i figure it 'should' fit. well i stumbled accross a bit of good news. sounds like Carson may be developing a braket to fit the ISF brakes on the IS300.

i dont know if you guys are followng the Carson GB thread on CL but sounds like there could be a new brake option for the IS300. the GB is for some IS-F Brakes, great price for a 6 pod Bembro BBK, and theyre working on makeing a braket to fit the IS300. so keep your fingers crossed.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Still gonna be $$$$.

But alteast we get the Lexus on it and not stoptch/brembo or whatever.

Hopefuly we will see some progress with it.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Subscribed. I want to get rid of the ugly calipers we have on the IS.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still gonna be $$$$.

But alteast we get the Lexus on it and not stoptch/brembo or whatever.

Hopefuly we will see some progress with it.
well right now (without the bracket) the GB for front and rears are less than the price of just the fronts of other BBKs.

i didnt post the link because i wasnt sure if that would be in some violation of forum rules, but im sure you can easly find it on CL

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Well, FIG is working on the Bracket and he might have something come up when he is done with the bracket. I already talked to FIG way before CARSON put this on CL. You might see some group buy from FIG when he is done.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
BTW, Stock IS350 18 inch wheel will NOT clear the IS F Brakes.

You might have to upgrade to 19 inch wheel to fit the IS F brakes.
But some 18 wheels might fit e.g. RE30

I am still finding what kind of 18 wheels will fit them.......

Reactions: IS3_FTW

·
1,621 Posts
Wow great find!! Definitely looking forward to see how these brakes work on the IS300!!

+rep!!

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Ray, there is not a rule against linking to CL or any other forum.

Only rule I could think of that you could break is if you were selling them yourself. l-tunedparts.com is an official vendor of .net as well.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, FIG is working on the Bracket and he might have something come up when he is done with the bracket. I already talked to FIG way before CARSON put this on CL. You might see some group buy from FIG when he is done.
thats even better news. im glad people are thinking about this. that helps it move along. im in the market for a good set of brakes so i'll keeping an eye out for this.

both Front and Rear would be best.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
If I am reading correctly, the GB is for 06+ GS. I didn't see anything about Carson Lexus making any brackets to make them fit on an IS300. Unless I missed it.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
If I am reading correctly, the GB is for 06+ GS. I didn't see anything about Carson Lexus making any brackets to make them fit on an IS300. Unless I missed it.
i think they are waiting to get that bracket then they'll sell them, but on page 6 i think they said they were waiting for the calipers to come on to start doing test fits on the is300

·
1,621 Posts
Edit: Yup... vroomRollLEx beat me to it...

They mention it a number of times throughout the thread... making brackets for the IS300, 2nd gen GS, etc.

Hopefully they will fit alright under my 19's... front shouldn't be a problem... but the rears maybe...

Reactions: vroomRollLEX

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
LOL, Let me reread then. Well let me rephrase that let me read the entire thread and not just post no. 1.

Reactions: vroomRollLEX

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
i think they are waiting to get that bracket then they'll sell them, but on page 6 i think they said they were waiting for the calipers to come on to start doing test fits on the is300
yes, fig is marking it. And I ORDERED it like 1.5 months AGO and I am still waiting that damn calipers coming to my house from japan!! I am not surpise if carson didnt receive thiers yet, because I ordered this way before they post this group buy on CL.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Thats great news!!! Keep us updated...Your the man fig

·
Vendor
4,813 Posts
I received the 350 Caliper from Carson yesterday, they are supporting my development on the adapter. We are mostly targeting the IS, Gen 2 GS and SC vehicles as that is where the major interest is. There may also be an issue with the steering link and I have already designed a RCA spacer to address this for the LS400 caliper. I will post up when I have some more info.

Fig

·
1,621 Posts
Great news Figs! Keep us posted on how this turns out!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts