Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
16107Ah, yes, you're sitting in a dark movie theater, anxiously waiting for the movie you plunked down your hard-earned $8, $10, $12 or even $15 to watch to actually start. First, though, there's other stuff you need to sit through. Some of it is downright annoying, like the repetitive local ads and the "no smoking" and "turn your cell phone off" admonishments (common courtesy says you should do this anyway without having to be reminded). On the other hand, some of it is great entertainment in its own right, such as the "upcoming features" trailers and certain creative ads. Definitely in the latter category are the series of six 15-second Lexus IS F ads that were created by ATTIK of San Francisco for National CineMedia's (NCM) FirstLook pre-feature program and Digital Content Network (DCN), as we are informed by <A HREF="http://pressroom.toyota.com/Releases/View?id=TYT2008031002976">an official news release from the Lexus North America Pressroom.</A>

Fortunately, you don't have to sit through drivel such as <A HREF="http://showhype.com/story/paris_hilton_s_latest_movie_rated_worst_in_history/">The Hottie and the Nottie</A> or <A HREF="http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10009254-shutter/">Shutter</A> to watch these IS F mini-videos. In fact, you don't even have to get up from your chair, let alone get dressed, jump in your car, find a parking spot, stand in line and shell out big bucks. Heck, you don't have to shell out any bucks. Just click on the following links, and YouTube will bring you six separate answers to the burning question, "What is F?":

"F is shifting in 0.1 seconds".
"F is Beauty within the Beast".
"F is a 170 mph top speed".
"F is 0-60 in 4.6 seconds".
"F is Precision Braking by Brembo".
"F is Commanding Performance".

Our thanks to my.IS' California Regional and IS F Forums moderator Flipside909 for his assistance with this story.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
IS F in Theatres Near You

These are looking good. A super way to advertise and view a super car. Though its timing may not be the greatest, the potential for the F, I believe, can only be positive. The IS, both the original 300 and these cars as well are, to me at least, simply the best there is.

On another vein, Lexus now has, on their website, a chat forum. Asking about future IS Convertible, Lexus wouldn't commit, though feelings overall were not positive. I have a good friend who is a technician at a Lexus dealer--apparently nothing coming. IMHO, the only convertible plans in Lexus' future are the new SC and LF-A, both, I assume, over $70k.

Any feelings, thoughts?

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Those were great! The 1/4 mile video was amazing!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Very cool, very aggressive commercials. I like. :approve:

·
$lores amongst us!
10,974 Posts
To be honest, I'm NOT really impressed by these commercials. I just just get the feeling of excitement when watching them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts