Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
another problem came up to me today again after reading TEG's reply to my first topic yesterday. i do agree with him that we can take what we can take ...and for those who can afford it will like what they get.
but IF the IS really becomes a success here in the states. wha's gonna happen to the GS300? they have the same engine. who is gonna buy the GS300 with almost 8G more than the IS300? i think lexus has made a mistake here. now the IS might take the business over the GS300. like the camry and the lexus ES, i think is so silly that they made a camry more luxury and then called it a lexus. once again, i m saying that the IS should have come out here as a toyota with less cost. so it can compare with honda accords or other sport sedens but not the BMW 3 series. but if the IS does bring more business to lexus than the 3 series to BMW, i dont know whats gonna happen to the GS300 then. i think the GS300 is already made to compare against with the the 3 series and the 400 with the 5 series. One last thing, people buy beamers and mecedes because they are european...some people dont even care about the performance......so will the IS really take the business from the 3 series? if it does? what sup with the GS300?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
528 and 328
GS300 and IS 300
Camry and ES 300 sell like hotcakes; there is no problem here.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
The GS300 Lexus is a Hot seller and I think after the IS's intro, the GS300 will continue to sell well.. I don't think they should have made the IS300 a Toyota simply because the Lexus marque doesn't have a car to compete with the 3 series BMW (ES300 is for a different buyer all together). The IS300 to the GS300 is like the Audi A4 2.8 to the Audi A6 2.8 and the BMW 328i to the 528i. The GS300 is a larger car than the IS300 and more luxurious in its appointments. I think Lexus definitely needed to add the IS300 to its lineup and will still do well with its GS300 sales. The majority of you here are most likely the type to buy an IS300. Now if the majority of people here were in their 40's- 50's then you would probably be more inclined to choose the GS300 (larger car and probably nicer ride with its longer wheelbase and 16inch wheels)...
Eric......

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Yeah, EricK - I agree - many people will
find the IS300 too small and too "crude",
and they will still opt for the GS300.

Still Lexus will cannibalize some GS300
sales with the IS300, but overall most
customers will be coming from elsewhere.

(I am buying an IS300 but would never have
considered the GS300).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
TEG
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing