Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Review: Kenwood x4r - DIYMA.com

Iv'e personally havn't been a big Kenwood amp guy. I feel they lack on them I owned one when I first started out. I bought it because the power vs price was great but it ended up being pretty crappy I ran it at 2 ohms and it shut down on me then i swapped to 8 ohms and it took a little longer to shut down but it still did.
I actually like there DD stereos and some of there speakers. they use to be so much better OOOhhhh Kenwood eXcelon<---- I remember all the old installers saying that.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
i believe steven likes that amp, but again, i'm iffy on kenwood bbecause they DO make alot of crap.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that amp being the excelon series i figured they would be ok running at 4 ohms. iv been thinking on running them with a focal polyglass 6.5 or a cdt 6.5 not sure wich version yet....i figure for all of the features it has it should be good. if not ill go with a soundstream amp or maybe even jl...but their volts rating of 12 v or 14 v confuses me...anything else ill have to run passive...dont want my trunk filled with amps and crossovers and cap

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.