Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sittin at a light on a two lane straightaway, bored as hell, tired of my CDs and nothing on the radio, this guy couldn't have picked a better time...

The light turned and I started to accelerate when this silver Grand Cherokee 5.9L (very rare :suspiciou ) came peeling out from a side street at the intersection and cut me off completely (I hate when people do that! :pissed: ). After just shifting into 2nd gear, I stepped on it and tried to pass him in the lane beside us. He saw me jump lanes, so he threw his foot to the floor and the whole damn truck lifted up as I got to his drivers side door...so we're going at it WOT from about a 30mph roll. He pulled slightly further ahead and held about a half car lead from my 2nd through the top of my 3rd gear. When I hit 4th I started walking him slowly and eventually pulled ahead by almost two car lengths, and I'd shut down at about 110mph. He shot past me and threw on his hazards AS IF HE HAD WALKED ME, lol, not knowing I'd let off.

Nonetheless, those suckers are powerful. He pretty much beat me if it were a 1/4 race. But then again, I might have done better from a dig. But the end result is: another kill for the IS! :p
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,701 Posts
Those are rare, but nice kill nonetheless.

Next time, get on the brakes so he knows you slowed down, instead of just letting off..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,033 Posts
no izzy. from a dig he would have still got you. 4wd is a bitch to beat from a stop. ask all of the mustang and camaro owners that got their ass' handed to them buy the little typhoon.
 

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
Joined
·
5,631 Posts
if he cut u off, u ought have thrown some pennies at the retard's windshield after passing him..

i hate SUV owners who think they can do whatever the #[email protected]! theyw ant cos they drive a fatass bucket of bolts.

Same goes for pickup trucks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
handsofstone said:
no izzy. from a dig he would have still got you. 4wd is a bitch to beat from a stop. ask all of the mustang and camaro owners that got their ass' handed to them buy the little typhoon.
Yeah, I guess you could be right, considering their power. I had a hard enough time beating my friend's Durango...I was trying to play catch up after spinning too hard at the light, lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
amitkc said:
if he cut u off, u ought have thrown some pennies at the retard's windshield after passing him..
Hah! LOL. That's when a passenger would've come in handy. I was so pissed I would've even thrown my cheese steak sub at him had I thought about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,254 Posts
n2knee said:
those 5.7 Jeeps have massive amount of tq.
It was a 5.9 Limited. They were only made in 1998 w/ the first yr body style.

amitkc said:
if he cut u off, u ought have thrown some pennies at the retard's windshield after passing him..

i hate SUV owners who think they can do whatever the #[email protected]! theyw ant cos they drive a fatass bucket of bolts.

Same goes for pickup trucks.
I feel the exact same way and they are always the one who want to race me (and the ones who always end up losing)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,033 Posts
amitkc said:
if he cut u off, u ought have thrown some pennies at the retard's windshield after passing him..

i hate SUV owners who think they can do whatever the #[email protected]! theyw ant cos they drive a fatass bucket of bolts.

Same goes for pickup trucks.
typhoon/cyclone/lightning/grand cherokee srt-8

take your pick. they all hand out ass whippings at will.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
handsofstone said:
typhoon/cyclone/lightning/grand cherokee srt-8

take your pick. they all hand out ass whippings at will.
There are exceptions to every rule, aren't there.
 

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
Joined
·
5,631 Posts
handsofstone said:
typhoon/cyclone/lightning/grand cherokee srt-8

take your pick. they all hand out ass whippings at will.
yes i know.. its not that they are faster or more powerful taht pisses me off.. i am not in a 4 dr sedan for balls out speed...

its the attitude the drivers of significantly larger vehicles that pisses me off. They have less respect for cars than other car drivers. And part of it has to do with " I gots me a HeMayyyyy".. so you give people a powerful , heavy bucket of bolts and they will think they are the shit , though really , its their 13 mpg smog producing turdbuckets that are the shit :lol:

sorry.. im just VERY anti SUV and pickup, had mroe than my fair share of idiots to deal with. Not saying car drivers are exactly nice, but they are less insane than people who drive something that has a 70% chance of rolling over in an emergency manouever at 40 mph! hahahaha...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
amitkc said:
sorry.. im just VERY anti SUV and pickup, had mroe than my fair share of idiots to deal with. Not saying car drivers are exactly nice, but they are less insane than people who drive something that has a 70% chance of rolling over in an emergency manouever at 40 mph! hahahaha...
LOL. What irritates me the most is never being able to see what's ahead of me. I'm too often stuck riding behind an SUV and all I can see is their bumper and dark a** windows. And if their judgement or reaction time isn't as sharp as yours, then you end up having to over-compensate in reaction to whatever they've reacted to up ahead. I'm not sure if that made much sense, but it's fun being petty every now and then. Hell, my girl's petty 24/7.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
IZZY RICH said:
Hah! LOL. That's when a passenger would've come in handy. I was so pissed I would've even thrown my cheese steak sub at him had I thought about it.
yeah, but that woulda been a waste of a damn good sandwich! Just find relief in knowing that his POS probably won't last past 100k miles! And that short run probably cost him $15 in gas..... and he still lost..........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,033 Posts
alwa703 said:
yeah, but that woulda been a waste of a damn good sandwich! Just find relief in knowing that his POS probably won't last past 100k miles! And that short run probably cost him $15 in gas..... and he still lost..........
wrong, i have an uncle with a 90 cherokee with 300k miles. and it is still going like a champ. leaks a little oil though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,254 Posts
handsofstone said:
wrong, i have an uncle with a 90 cherokee with 300k miles. and it is still going like a champ. leaks a little oil though.
Thats about as rare as an IS falling apart at 100K.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
557 Posts
handsofstone said:
wrong, i have an uncle with a 90 cherokee with 300k miles. and it is still going like a champ. leaks a little oil though.
Exceptions to the rule are just that, exceptions to the rule, and therefore WORTHLESS to mention. Think of the gallons of gas it took to get the thing that far. (300k/15mpg (at best) = 20000 gallons! That shit alone has effected the gas price supply/demand curve. We should kick your uncle's ass for causing the gas price to rise and messin it up for everyone else!! haha.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,004 Posts
amitkc said:
yes i know.. its not that they are faster or more powerful taht pisses me off.. i am not in a 4 dr sedan for balls out speed...

its the attitude the drivers of significantly larger vehicles that pisses me off. They have less respect for cars than other car drivers. And part of it has to do with " I gots me a HeMayyyyy".. so you give people a powerful , heavy bucket of bolts and they will think they are the shit , though really , its their 13 mpg smog producing turdbuckets that are the shit :lol:

sorry.. im just VERY anti SUV and pickup, had mroe than my fair share of idiots to deal with. Not saying car drivers are exactly nice, but they are less insane than people who drive something that has a 70% chance of rolling over in an emergency manouever at 40 mph! hahahaha...
i'm king of the road when i drive my SUV. its so much fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,033 Posts
DanielIS300 said:
Exceptions to the rule are just that, exceptions to the rule, and therefore WORTHLESS to mention. Think of the gallons of gas it took to get the thing that far. (300k/15mpg (at best) = 20000 gallons! That shit alone has effected the gas price supply/demand curve. We should kick your uncle's ass for causing the gas price to rise and messin it up for everyone else!! haha.
yeah! cause the IS gets great gas mileage. lol
 

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
Joined
·
5,631 Posts
handsofstone said:
yeah! cause the IS gets great gas mileage. lol
24 mpg >>> 15 mpg .

yes i average about 23-24 mpg with just an intake. :)
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top