Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lexus will display the IS 430 Concept at the 2004 LA Auto Show, January 2-11 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. For more information about the show, please visit www.LAautoshow.com. Click on "Concepts" for a listing that shows the IS 430 and other vehicles appearing at the show.

If you're interested in seeing the show before it opens to the general public and without the usual crowds, consider attending our Sneak Preview Night on Tuesday, December 30.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Who cares?
We build nicer and little more custom cars than that. (with the exception of the engine). The damn thing looks too stock... and then Toyota had the audacity to call upon Rod Millen to do it?? Why, the guy can't even make a complete body kit for the car. I'm really amazed that the car works. After all, his intakes trip CELs all day long. Anyways, I thought it was a very nice car at the SEMA show. I was impressed by the engine and the ML stereo system, other than that, it was way too stock to turn any heads. Foose did do a good job on the paint, but I would have followed the body line a little closer, and I would not have gone up and over the fender like he did. Looks a little outta place on that front end. I guess I will prolly wlak right by it at the LA Auto show. I will be working there in my company's booth. We'll have some pretty impressive rides there, a few 360s, an E55, an H2, and prolly a few 996 turbos, all with high end stereos, wheels, and lots of custom work...

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
anyone else interested in going to the auto show? NOT on the sneak preview night though. even though the proceeds from those tickets benefit a charity, $100-200/ticket is kinda steep. :-?

the auto show runs from friday, 1/2 through sun, 1/11. i'm cool with a weeknight or weekend.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
irv_usc said:
got hookups for tickets?
hmmm, i know we can get some coupons somewhere. newspaper? chevron gas stations? car dealers? i'll be going to SB Lexus on Monday for my free 5k service, so i'll ask...

it's $10/ticket without any coupons though. too much?

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
juniorsdad said:
have you pick a day and time yet....?
(i was thinking about going wed after work?)
i'm fine with wed, jan 7th after work. the auto show is open until 10:00 p.m.

is everyone else cool with that day? hopefully, no one has to deal with major traffic to get there...and it should be less crowded since it's a weeknight, instead of weekend.

time-wise, how about 7ish? too late? too early?

ltuned, wanna carpool? :D

wilz, you might be back then too, right?

alrighty, let me know if this time/date works for y'all. i've got my dig cam ready to take some purty pics. :p

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
well i arrive bak in LA on the night of the 7th, so can't make it that day...but don't worry about working the schedule around for me, i live right next to the staples center, so i can go anyday :)

btw, if anyone wants to save on parking, lemme know and i'll let you into my apartment's visitor parking...only thing is that its a 5-10 min walk to the convention center from there...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.