Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
No picture needed. First raise the vehicle in the air or crawl under the front engine area, you will see the plastic coverings underneath the car. There will be a small little plastic door as you can call it with a screw or screws holding in in place, very easy to locate. Remove that little plastic piece and there you have the oil filter looking right down at you. It is a cartridge type filter and suggested you use the SST that lexus uses to unscrew the filter cap or something generic, whatever works for ya. Just try not to damage the cap by using a filter wrench or what not.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Lexustech.org

Also check out Lexustech.org.

They show the process for changing the filter in detail.....its very easy....there is a tool you can get to help remove the cap.

I bought one from a Mac Tools supplier for $15.

Slick Speed :cool:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I bought the oil filter SST from ebay for a couple $. Its easy to change the oil filter once you open the hood look btw the radiator and the engine. Its gray and sticks out in front of the engine. I would recomend you buy the dealer oil filter and not use the fram cartrige filter. Ive noticed that i once used the fram filter and the filter started to degrade.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.