Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my friend is chooseing between The above and asked for my opinion.What are you guys say. The is thinking to put some aftermarket upgrade on the car once he got it.I belive the T4 may have some advantage in performance since it is a turbocharged. By only puting an chip,intake,downpipe,exhaust,I belive it can reach some where around 270Hp.But He likes the look for the IS300.I belive if you add an ECU, intake ,exhaust.I belive the IS 300 may be improved the HP to around 240HP.

So what would you guys say!!

Thanks
JWKC

[This message has been edited by jwkc (edited November 10, 2000).]

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Are you in Europe or England? They don't sell that T4 in North America. I just know what British magazine say, that the car's really fast, but has a poor (Mitsubishi Carisma) chassis, and doesn't compare well with 3 series, Audi A4 or IS300 - three that the British prefer by a large margin. Get the IS300.

Originally posted by jwkc:
One of my fried is chooseing between The above and asked for my opinion.What are you guys say. The is thinking to put some aftermarket upgrade on the car once he got it.I belive the T4 may have some advantage in performance since it is a turbocharged. By only puting an chip,intake,downpipe,exhaust,I belive it can reach some where around 270Hp.But He likes the look for the IS300.I belive if you add an ECU, intake ,exhaust.I belive the IS 300 may be improved the HP to around 240HP.

So what would you guys say!!

Thanks
JWKC

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
hell, i'd take the is300 in a second. no question.

realize this, though -- you don't buy the is300 to be a speed demon, even in its own class. you buy it for the whole package.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
The S40 imported to the States is a very uninspiring car in virtually every category. I test drove one to see what it was like. It doesn't meet the standards set forth by the likes of Audi, BMW, and Lexus...
Eric..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UMM.....May be I should tell him to check with a S60 T5 and compare with IS300

Thanks
JWKC

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
UMM.....May be I should tell him to check with a S60 T5 and compare with IS300

Thanks
JWKC
Maybe you should tell him to compare cars other than Volvos to the IS300..

Eric...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OH !
Because he seen my Modified volvo Kills Benz CLK 430 and GS 400 on the Highway. And tested drive my car.Find that it is cheaper to get a sedan in this Performance Level from a Volvo turbo.

Thanks
JWKC

------------------
My Car's Photos Ablum

·
Registered
727 Posts
BMW 3 series, Audi A4 2.8 and IS300 will give you more driving pleasure. The S40 is comparable to A4 1.8 and VW Passat. They are more for people who just want to get from point A to B. The S60 is like the Acura CLS, a luxury car with a bit of sports peppered in.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
OH !
Because he seen my Modified volvo Kills Benz CLK 430 and GS 400 on the Highway. And tested drive my car.Find that it is cheaper to get a sedan in this Performance Level from a Volvo turbo.

Thanks
JWKC
Well if performance is the only issue, and you are do in fact "KILL" GS400's on the highway, then I see your point..
Eric...

·
Registered
262 Posts
The S40 in America is only available with the 160hp engine. It does 0-60mph in 8.5sec - that's slower than pretty much any other car in the $30K price range. Also, according to consumer reports, the reliability of volvo's newest offerings hasn't exactly been confidence inspiring either.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Originally posted by viggen:
The S40 in America is only available with the 160hp engine. It does 0-60mph in 8.5sec - that's slower than pretty much any other car in the $30K price range. Also, according to consumer reports, the reliability of volvo's newest offerings hasn't exactly been confidence inspiring either.
EXACTLY.............
Eric

·
Registered
727 Posts
Nice cars jwkc! Am I safe in assuming that you are from the Phillipines?

[This message has been edited by Chiphead (edited November 10, 2000).]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts