Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i've raced 3 of you guys, and guess what.

YOU ALL LOST!!

it makes me laugh to think that you guys think you can take a type S

·
15,322 Posts
oh no, my car is not as fast as a cls, its the end of the world, im going to jump off a bridge...

who gives a flying rats ass, not me.
if i wanted a fast car i wouldve bought a mustang/camero/corvette/miata/300zx/toyota supra/rx7/whatever i dont care how fast your car is, i like my car because it has everything i need and everything i want right now. it fits me. my car might not fit you, your car might not fit me, doesnt mean im going to talk sh|t about you because you dont have the same tastes as me, have fun driving your car. i love driving my car, doesnt matter if im going + or - 30mph, it still puts a smile on my face. i dont have to win a race or even race my car for it to make me feel good.

congratulations, you have a fast car...now what? wanna race girlfriends?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Sounds like these type of thread can only disappear once and for all if we actually take all these cars to the track. How about we have a CL-S and IS300 meeting at Bottom Willow? This track is one of the best to test a car, since it has a decent straight away and small and big corners. My prediction is that IS will win by a second or two, since there is more tight corner and on these tracks you do need very very good brakes, but the CL-S will most likely take the IS on the front straight away.
How about it? Drag racing is very boring and require no skill (particularly automatic), so to test your car and skill, this is good excellent place to do it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Better would be to take it to an autox. I saw a CL-S a couple of events ago at Marina and it did very well in it's group. I saw some ISs at a more recent event at Golden Gate Fields but none of them participated. I would love to see both cars with adept drivers go at it in an autox.

·
Registered
38 Posts
my graphite (ext.)/black(int.)/graphite wheels is300 was scheduled to be at the port today.

my present car is an '87 acura legend coupe.

i considered buying 2 other cars: a '97 528i & the cl-s. although the cl-s is a great value and has more horsepower and the quality of the interior (not styling) is better than the is300, i didn't care for the exterior styling (too plain for me) and the colors (only the silver is o.k.). i don't plan to race the car.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I guees this thread may be useful for people who's deciding between the cl-s and the IS.

I test drove the cl-s and IS300 before I made my purchase of the IS. The cl-s is better equipped, faster, and less expensive. The IS300 looks better, built better, and cost less to insure. What drove me over the edge was the plastic marble trim in the black cl-s interior. I think that type of thing was fashinable in the 80's.

I decided that I could live with less power and spending money, rather than looking at mis-fitted body panels and the pseudo-marble everyday.
The IS is not perfect. The door panel and cup-holder plastic seems like Corolla material. The auto trans shifts smoothly, but at the cost of power delivery. It's no BMW--but I choose it over BMW for reliability and insurance costs.
I guess it's what's important to people for their choice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Love My Silver IS300:
well... good for you... maybe u think too much.. those 3 IS maybe just crusing around and u thing they are racing with u

HA - HA - HA

haha, well they all started racing with me actually. And i'm pretty sure they were racing.

And may i remind you guys, I GOT A 3.0 CL, the 99 200hp cl. Not the 260 HP CL-S

·
Registered
626 Posts
This just proves my point. You CL owners are no different then us IS owners.

Go back to Honda-acura.net an just have fun with your kind. Let us have our cars and fun.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey, CL power

This is a Forum for ENTHUSIASTS who like the fact that some company from Japan has finally produced a compact car that rivals the BMW and Mercedes REAR WHEEL DRIVE compact cars. Rear wheel drive cars are DRIVER'S cars.

If you want something to compare your FRONT WHEEL DRIVE CL to, why don't you go find an ES300 Forum, or maybe one for the Avalon or Maxima or Saab or Volvo, etc?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Originally posted by CLpower:
well i've raced 3 of you guys, and guess what.

YOU ALL LOST!!

it makes me laugh to think that you guys think you can take a type S
i'm gonna go trade my IS for a cl today.

hahahaha

hahahahahahah

------------------

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
hey guess what, i've raced three CL's today and guess what, they all lost. go trade in your cl and get an m3

·
Registered
626 Posts
Originally posted by mrclam:
hey guess what, i've raced three CL's today and guess what, they all lost. go trade in your cl and get an m3
Now that is the most inteligent post I have seen in a long time. Way to go CLAM!

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
fact: there is always someone faster than you(and if there sin't, you wouldn't be here)

ist not good to be snobbish about anything =)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
20 Participants
DJ
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing