Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone compared sportcross to the Audi Avant 3.2 wagon or the BMW wagons?

While looking at the sportcross - I met someone with an Audi Avant A4 3.2 - wagon. I am not sure if you have compared it, in discussion the guy said the gas mileage was higher... 22 city and 34 hwy on his Audi - I didnt think/believe any of the Merc, BMW or Audi can get out that kind of efficiency...

Audi used to be horribly bad on reliability, he mentions no such issue... is this the norm now - or a unique case? :suspiciou

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
BMW didn't make a Z3 wagon unless your talking about the M roadster, which I love, but most people think it is ugly. You're probably talking about a 328i wagon.

I'm sure the Audi and 3 series wagons are very nice, but I can't imagine they get better gas mileage, and they are going to be a lot more money compared to a SportCross unless you buy an older one, in which case reliability becomes a concern.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Has anyone compared sportcross to the Audi Avant 3.2 wagon or the BMW wagons?

While looking at the sportcross - I met someone with an Audi Avant A4 3.2 - wagon. I am not sure if you have compared it, in discussion the guy said the gas mileage was higher... 22 city and 34 hwy on his Audi - I didnt think/believe any of the Merc, BMW or Audi can get out that kind of efficiency...

Audi used to be horribly bad on reliability, he mentions no such issue... is this the norm now - or a unique case? :suspiciou
i was looking at the A4 (B7) when i was going to buy a car last year and i went on audiworld forums and kept hearing about people bringing their cars in for warranty service to correct the same problem 2,3 and even 4 times. not little things either. a bunch of people commented that they had oil in the intake area, soemthing linked to the turbo (was looking at the 2.0T) but i cant remember exactly. then i spoke with a guy that had his car in the shop when i was on the lot. he said, "O yeah, the audi is a lot more reliable now. this, this and this broke, but the warranty took care of all of it and its a really nice car" and my thoughts were "audi paying for broken shit does not equal reliability..."

bottom line: the audi will never come close to the reliability of the IS in this lifetime.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i knew somewhere in the back of my mind, i just dont believe it - i was a the auction and guess what - there werer 3 times as many more audi wagons than toyota's! I was surprised... most were not even bid on...

so I walked around and looked at the cars, while they all looked really pretty I noticed they were 1k or 2K under warranty left... people had turned their cars in right after the lease and didnt want to face the issue... says a lot or is it my imagination again...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts