Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or does it seem like every body here is 17-21 years old?.

I wish I could afford a car like the IS when I was that age!.

Am I the only one who doesn't have his car lowered, lit up, stickered up, and replaced the stock wheels and stereo?.

Am I the only one who reads these posts and thinks that most of the people who are responding don't know much about cars at all?.

Am I the only one who laughs at the nosensical racing stories?.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
46 Posts
Originally posted by Speed Racer:
Most are a little older: 17-24. See Poll on Main Page....

Likewise....Maybe it is just inflation? Nah!!

Am I the only one who doesn't have his car lowered, lit up, stickered up, and replaced the stock wheels and stereo?.
No...Many don't want to violate the warranty on a First Year Model. However, I did buy stickers from IS 300 Net for the kids...

Am I the only one who reads these posts and thinks that most of the people who are responding don't know much about cars at all?.
They do know about dating and chicks...On second thought....

As is said in "Its a Wonderful Life," "Youth is wasted on the young." Or as Bugs would say, "What a bunch of Maroons." Why would anyone race in the streets when your insurance will increase dramatically if you get a ticket and can't go to traffic school. The again, they have enough capital to procure an IS!

[This message has been edited by Oxybeles (edited March 20, 2001).]

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
24 here, and my car's not lowered, lit up, stickered up, and replaced the stock wheels and stereo? Plan to keep it that way.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
30 here. I hear ya all the way minus the internal sleeper mods that I am considering. I confess that I will indulge myself with a street race (when clear). Lots of silly posts here.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thirty something here and no mods here other than the HKS exhaust I picked up last week from Shinestreet Ben and installed over the weekend, and a couple more goodies I plan to pick up over the course of the next few months like TRD sway bars and maybe even an SRT intake (that I hope won't void the warranty). Basically other than that I plan to keep it as stock as possible.

Just my $.02

·
11,062 Posts
My IS300 is stock ...'cause I'm too broke to do anything to it. Of course, if I didn't owe the IRS I would have gotten that SRT intake when it was on special.
I DO smile at the racing stories...ain't it great to be young, immortal and reckless?...at least until you ruin your rims, have your license suspended or kill yourself...or someone else?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Originally posted by SeattleSheila:
if I didn't owe the IRS
Damn IRS took what I'd set aside for my SRT intake too. What's worse was the ex took the condo, land rover, volvo and anything that wasn't bolted down.

Oh well I have a BRAND NEW IS and I absolutely love it, so I can't complain. ;P

·
Registered
921 Posts
29 here and still have the passion for modding my car. Only thing is that my taste run more along the German less is more theory. Guess I should have bought a bimmer for that huh? Actually I love my IS and am keeping my mods to a minimum and clean.
No stickers, No booming stereo, no cheep as looking wheels either.
Just keeping it clean

Just my 0.02 worth

------------------
2001 Graphite/Black, LSD, Heated Seats, TTE rear spoiler, SRT Intake.
19" wheels comming soon.

·
Registered
80 Posts
31, no mods.

I don't mind the racing stories, especially from those who are very knowledgable. But what I can't stand are those questions: Xyz vs. IS300 threads. If that's what you're wondering, whether a modded Civic or the new WRX or the upcoming Infiniti sedan will beat an IS, then you're clearly not in the market for an IS, and if you bought one, then you shouldn't have.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts

Just my $.02
35, married and two kids. No mods, would consider a supercharger. The only thing I would disagree with is that I find that there are a lot of knowledgable "car" people here and I've learned a lot from them.

The 16 year olds with ISs do annoy the sh!t out of me, I have to admit.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Originally posted by cardinal_creek:
35, married and two kids. No mods, would consider a supercharger. The only thing I would disagree with is that I find that there are a lot of knowledgable "car" people here and I've learned a lot from them.

I'm 22 and no major mods yet. I like the car stock only thing I might get some light tint. And what is all this sh** about the sixteen year old's with these cars thats some sick S***. I cant imagine having a $31,000 car at that age Daddy must be rich Oh well, lucky basterds.. They picked a nice car. Guess I'm just jealous

·
Registered
119 Posts
Originally posted by Tony Montana:
Originally posted by cardinal_creek:

I'm 22 and no major mods yet. I like the car stock only thing I might get some light tint. And what is all this sh** about the sixteen year old's with these cars thats some sick S***. I cant imagine having a $31,000 car at that age Daddy must be rich Oh well, lucky basterds.. They picked a nice car. Guess I'm just jealous
I thought I was cool getting a car like this at 22 pretty big purchase for me....

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I'm 34 and finding it harder and harder to identify w/some of the so-called "enthusiasts" on this board.

I mean white interiors and 19 & 20 inch wheels. It's all too much for me. Now I'm not against mods, in fact I've got some PERFORMANCE mods on my car. However, some of the stuff that others are doing, or will do is just plain tasteless/senseless. But hey, more power to em' right. It's their money.

Superchargers, yeah. White interiors w/light nozzles, no. IMO mods to a car should improve its performance and/or improve the driving experience.

01 IJM w/5Zigen exhaust, 5Zigen wheels, Toyo Proxes, TRD race sway bars, TRD adj. shocks (springs soon).

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
I was driving a Volovo when I was 16... now I have my own IS200 at the age of 22...

I like to make my car stand out, but nothing to outrageous. Yes I would also consider supercharger.. If I have enough cash.... cuurently I never seem to stop getting parking fines.. no standing fines... speeding fines... having blue lights fine.. defect...... ugh....

visit www.geocities.com/trd328

·
Registered
224 Posts
39, married with two sons, one is turning 14 and already asking about when he's going to get the IS...There weren't cars like this around when I was 18,19 ,20 etc...Cars were different then..the whole import scene wasn't like it is now...no mods yet, but I am planning on some suspension work and some bolt-ons (SRT intake, supercharger when it comes out, and definitely exhaust.) I want to keep it looking stock...maybe a frontlip spoiler.....

------------------
'01 Spectra Blue Mica

·
Registered
6 Posts
Im 31, just picked up my new white IS today.

Already got ok from wife to add subwoofer and exhaust tip. But a big fat denied stamp on my plans to rice: wing, decals, lowering, 18's, etc.

Im going to work on getting a cold air intake.

Ian

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
23 Participants
Kpostman
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing