Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the wait is over for me I finally picked up my Yellow IS, fully loaded, with the LSD and graphite polished rims, from toyota heaven. Well okay the recieving area in Gardena Calif. There must have been 5 brand new IS's including mine and various other special orders waiting for pick up. Ah but when i saw mine in line i knew i had to see it, even though I was 1 hr early. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only othe vehicle that eclipsed all the others there wa a brand NEW GS430, black and beautiful.

My car had 9mi on it, full tank of gas. I read the owners manual and How many of you followed the 1000mi breakin policy? It states on pg.190

1)do not drive over 55mph
2) avoid overrevving. Maintain rpm's between 2000-4000 rpms
3) avoid full throttle starts.
4) do not drive a long time at any single speed, either fast or slow.

Well when i was driving the vehicle home I wa in the early stages of the Fri. 405 traffic, those of us who live in the valley know the traffic is horrible. So needless to say I was between 50-65mph, until i reached the westwood area, and it was 30+ mph. all the way back into the valley. However, later that evening it was 80mph effortlessly, ALL over the place. I have about 80 miles on the vehicle and now I think I'll be following the directions for the break in period=BABY IT.

The owners manual states that we should keep the ECT(trac control) on for better mileagegas, in additon the LSD is is always on even though we have the choice of deactivating both with just a flip of the switch. I LOVE THIS CAR. I am going to take pics of it and will post it soon. Oh and how many of you have broken in the backseat.....if you know what i mean :)

------------------
Yellow IS300 w/LSD and graphite polished rims

·
Registered
86 Posts
Civic Si-R,

Congrats on your new IS300! Were you able to get any deals better that $1000 off MSRP in southern CA?

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
I think Chromaplast (Was it? I forget and am too lazy to go look it up right now) has broken in the backseat...he says he has "Chinese food stains" on the seat.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Congrats civic si-r on your new IS. I remember when our family went to Toy heaven too back in 1997 when we picked up our Camry from VDS (Vehicle Distribution) also. Our car was picked up in the back lot though.

Hey can I get your "BUCKLE UP" frames if u got them? I'm not sure if you would keep those on your IS. Mine are like worn...I just like them Toyota corporate frames...Just got back from Stillen day, saw their IS, and talked to the owner of a white one whose going to be sponsored by them, and he going to be running the clubis.com website come January.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts

[This message has been edited by IS300GTE (edited December 02, 2000).]

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
yeah, no doubt, you have moved up from a civic to an IS300, welcome to the land of toyota.

Originally posted by hasanazhar:
Congrats man. Perhaps now you should change your Username too?!

drive fast and safe

black/ivory
17"

------------------
"the gene pool could
use some chlorine!"
"http://www.shitonhonda.com"-Funny Site!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey thanks, I know the person you were talking to. I am helping him develope the Home page, he knows i was picking up my vehicle on Fri. and invited me to the stillen day. Yes iam aware he is being sponsored by them, it'll be a big plus for the web site, for now i think I'll keep everything stock. Your welcome to the "Buckle up" license plate frame if youe still want them. Let me know!!!!!!!!!!!! In the mean time drive fast and hard.

Originally posted by TRDRAV4:
Congrats civic si-r on your new IS. I remember when our family went to Toy heaven too back in 1997 when we picked up our Camry from VDS (Vehicle Distribution) also. Our car was picked up in the back lot though.

Hey can I get your "BUCKLE UP" frames if u got them? I'm not sure if you would keep those on your IS. Mine are like worn...I just like them Toyota corporate frames...Just got back from Stillen day, saw their IS, and talked to the owner of a white one whose going to be sponsored by them, and he going to be running the clubis.com website come January.

------------------

·
Registered
189 Posts
Originally posted by civic Si-r:
Hey thanks, I know the person you were talking to. I am helping him develope the Home page, he knows i was picking up my vehicle on Fri. and invited me to the stillen day. Yes iam aware he is being sponsored by them, it'll be a big plus for the web site, for now i think I'll keep everything stock. Your welcome to the "Buckle up" license plate frame if youe still want them. Let me know!!!!!!!!!!!! In the mean time drive fast and hard.
Civic Si-r

Too bad you didn't make it to Stillen, cuz I wanted to see more IS's (drool! LOL) I already forgot the name of that guy, but he knew a member of the Camry group which I sort of came with. I just know he's from Cypress and he paid close to 31K (steal!!) for his IS with everything from Lex of Cerritos.

I'd like to pick those frames up if I can find the time. Right now, I have finals at school. if u could leave an email address or something let me know k? And Yes change your name!

IN the meantime, enjoy ur early Xmas present to yourself

[This message has been edited by TRDRAV4 (edited December 02, 2000).]

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can e-mail me at [email protected], I check the e-mail every other day. talk to ya soon :) I'll figure up a new name soon.

Civic Si-r

Too bad you didn't make it to Stillen, cuz I wanted to see more IS's (drool! LOL) I already forgot the name of that guy, but he knew a member of the Camry group which I sort of came with. I just know he's from Cypress and he paid close to 31K (steal!!) for his IS with everything from Lex of Cerritos.

I'd like to pick those frames up if I can find the time. Right now, I have finals at school. if u could leave an email address or something let me know k? And Yes change your name!

IN the meantime, enjoy ur early Xmas present to yourself :D

[This message has been edited by TRDRAV4 (edited December 02, 2000).]

------------------

·
2,909 Posts
Congrats, have fun!!

------------------
'01 Graphite Gray Pearl

·
Registered
994 Posts
To answer your questions:

1. I went over 55. Probably about 70-80 max.
2. I mostly stayed betweek 2-4k rpm. Went over 4k rpm a few times.
3. I never did full throttle starts, but I've done full throttle.
4. Depends on what "long time" is considered, but I would say I haven't stayed at one speed for a long time.

--k

·
11,062 Posts
Let's see...I TRY to stay at 55...but you know how that goes. If one does the speed limit one is holding up traffic. The car doesn't quite get to 3,000 RPMs even at 70 mph, so no worries there. I don't "hot rod" ...as a rule...at least I've been purposely avoiding temptation, so I guess I'm doing OK. She has almost 1100 miles on her now.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Congrats...we got the same car! (except for the rims)...keep your name...pay homage to your roots like me!

------------------
98 Accord EX V6 coupe
AEM Intake, Comptech Headers, Random Tech high-flow cat, GReddy dual MX exhaust, BLTI Carbon Fiber Ignition cables, eibach springs, Axis wheels with Nittos, Wings West Spoiler.
15.1 @ 92 mph
2001 Lexus IS300 (Solar Yellow)
Coming soon: 12 second timeslips with the IS (my new all out drag car!)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by SeattleSheila:
Let's see...I TRY to stay at 55...but you know how that goes. If one does the speed limit one is holding up traffic. The car doesn't quite get to 3,000 RPMs even at 70 mph, so no worries there. I don't "hot rod" ...as a rule...at least I've been purposely avoiding temptation, so I guess I'm doing OK. She has almost 1100 miles on her now.
Sheila, pulease! Break it ended 100 miles ago. Let loose.

Doing 60 mph, put it in "M" then downshift twice to third gear - now you'll be at 5K rpm - step on it until you hit 6K then upshift to 4th. Gas it to 6K and upshift to 5th. Now your using your IS to its potential. Give it a whirl and post your reply. Enough baby-ing

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I love this car, fast. I have 140 miles on it and I've taken it up to 80mph. Steady as an arrow. In addition I have used the steering wheel shifter and down shifted once and gassed it up to 4,500rpms and shifted into OD, QUICK!!!!!!!!!!! This was on the day I picked up the vehicle. Now I am babying the vehicle slow acceleration, upto 65-70mph, keeping it between 2000-4000rpms on the freeway.

It is going to hard to discipline myself until the 1000 mile mark.

Accord-r, yep we have the same thinking and I will probably keep my username and pay homeage to my race roots :)

Originally posted by Accord-R:
Congrats...we got the same car! (except for the rims)...keep your name...pay homage to your roots like me!

------------------

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Today was the first day the new IS made the commute to work. It was a pleasure to drive such a well made car during morning traffic. There are not a lot of IS 300s on the road where I live, maybe less than a dozen, so the car gets noticed.

This was one commute to work I actually enjoyed. Maybe I can look forward to Monday mornings again.

01 Imperial Jade w/LSD

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
trdrav4, what is your e-mail address and i'll e-mail you. Still have the "buckle up" frames, there yours!!!!!!!!!

hey Civic si-r

I tried to email ([email protected]) you but something's wrong...??!?

------------------

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
16 Participants
TRDRAV4
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing