Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to do some exhaust upgrades! Not only am I looking for something that sounds good (louder when you get on it but yet quiet when you are at idle speeds) but something that ads more hp as well. For a decent price what would you all recommend? Also I have a K&N Intake, would it be worth it to sell it and purchase a SRT intake?

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Ok you are looking for a quiet exhaust at idle and loud at WOT. The exhaust for you would probably be the L-tuned or the Apex-i World Sport. These are fairly quiet exhausts. Apex-i probably has more gains when coupled with your Intake and any oter future mods. I wouldn't suggest selling your intake for the SRT. Save the cash and pick up and SAFC and tune that bad boy for maximum gains. You'll get the same as the SRT would. Then get some headers, and an adjustable exhaust-side cam gear and your N/A set-up is looking really good.

djp223 said:
I am looking to do some exhaust upgrades! Not only am I looking for something that sounds good (louder when you get on it but yet quiet when you are at idle speeds) but something that ads more hp as well. For a decent price what would you all recommend? Also I have a K&N Intake, would it be worth it to sell it and purchase a SRT intake?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well with all the possible bolt-ons unfortunately you wont be hitting any large horsepower #s. But if ur just getting into the whole modding thing like me, then you could do 1 of 2 things. Learn as u go along and just keep again NA bolt-ons like myself or just save up for boost. i myself have an HKS drager II i love it, its great for performance. thats pretty much why i got it, but it also has pretty decent sound, nothing ricey.

Reactions: IS300STeeZ

·
Registered
41 Posts
Greddy Evo II sounds nice, combine it with headers and y-pipe and it will most likely be "too loud" for you

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
At idle i cant even hear my hks dragger II, even outside the car, that thing is quiet. Not ricey either, all in all a great exhaust

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I have the HKS Drager 2 with a Pro 1 race pipe and it sounds real aggressive. Very happy thus far.

·
Banned
295 Posts
Keep the K&N, and get an HKS Dragger II

Entropy

·
Registered
171 Posts
I like my HKS Hiper. Sounds nice when you get on it but quit when windows are up. Not that expensive aorund here if you looking for one used.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have the Borla team lexus edition. If you are lucky you can find these on E bay for $450+shipping. Very noce exhaust. Quiet even with my set up. Race header/y pipe, K&N FIPK and HKS cam gear. Very rich sounding and very unique.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
What's the difference between the Borla Team Lexus Edition and the regular Borla Cat-Back?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Team Lexus Exhaust?

So here is the deal, I found the Borla team lexus edition exhaust. But is it worht it? Also, can someone tell me a little bit more about it? Sound, any power gains. I believe this is the one I am going with! Now, for the second question, what headers should I go with? Then is there anything else I need, or should get to finish this project of mine??? Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Well I used to have a GReddy exhaust with header, y pipe etc. and damn that thing was loud. With this set up Its very quiet in comparison. I originally thought that the two exhausts were the same(regular and team lexus) but after just being a the Nopi nationals this past weekend I got to see the two side by side. First off the tips are a little different. The regular Borla has a slight oblong look to it. Mine is round. Also if you look inside the tip with mine you can see baffling(not sure if thats the correct term) about an inch to 1.5 inches into the exhaust. With the regular Borla the baffling starts about 3 inches into the exhaust. Not sure how much that helps but it did prove to me that they are at least more than a logo difference. I love it. It's rare and I get complements quite often on how smooth my car sounds. Hope that helps. Once again I'm no pro but I have had a couple of different set ups so far. Oh yeah for similar money as an SRT(which I used to have) you can pick up a K&N FIPK and an SAFC II and get tuned. the K&N is nice looking and sounds a little quieter than the SRT.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
From an ebay listing:
"It is complete stainless steel fabrication with 2.25" diameter piping and the Team Lexus logo stamped into the top of the exhaust tip. Unlike the actual race team's exhaust this is street legal and not as loud."

If you go with this could you give us a full review with some video/sound clips?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts