Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who are interested there is now a decent solution for adding an armrest.

I have personally seen the product and I am impressed at the design and quality. It raises the storage compartment about three inches (looks like it will accomodate CD's) and hinges in the rear. The material matches the existing texture very well too.

Installation looks fairly straightforward but you need to remove the entire console to mount the armrest.

Here is a link to the site:null

I am not sure about pricing but I do know that there is a current back order situation.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Looks like you'd have a hard time using the cup holders with that armrest, if I'm looking at it correctly.

I do like the look of their three pedestal spoiler.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm not sure if I want that Armrest !!!! I would rather wait for the OEM Armrest !!!! Plus in looks way better than the after market one ..... Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
At least its a start! We don't even know if the 2002 armrest will install into the 2001. And I do like the look of their three pillar spoiler too,

Mike

·
13,978 Posts
thanks for the info derek!

why don't they post a price on the website?? argh...now i actually have to call them. unless someone already called and asked...heheh!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Do they only sell to dealers???? i really want one of the spoilers they have and to register you need some account numbers and such. If anyone knows where i can get this spoiler tell me. It is the first of the two.

Sam

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
In case anyone forgot... I moved the rear armrest to the front (put a subwoofer in the passthrough) and I am really happy with it.

Total cost: $0

·
Registered
921 Posts
Do it the right way...order the 2002 version from the dealer. It is a drop in conversion w/ no mods needed. Looks really easy if you ask me. The dealer even told me that it is available. That way it will looks stock.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
How will the stock 2002 version install in our 2001's?

Will I have to pull out the center console or will it just plug into where that little storage thing is?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Well for what I saw in the 2002 I sat in and from what the dealer said is that you just take that back portion of the center console off, and then pop out the little storage area and pop in the arm rest section into that area. It is like a pop in/ pop out deal. The also replace the magnet that we have for the lid w/ some sort of plug thing. There is still a small storage area after the arm rest is installed and it also retains the outlet adapter too for like a cell phone charger.
Pretty cool. Looks really nice too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Does anyone know how much would the original stock armrest cost??? Is it really guranteed to fit in the 2001 IS??? Thanks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Originally posted by cdm2:
Does anyone know how much would the original stock armrest cost??? Is it really guranteed to fit in the 2001 IS??? Thanks.
As far as I know, it will definitely fit our 01 IS (Local Lexus Techician told me) and I think he said it cost around $150-$250, but don't quote me on that. I'm just letting you know what I know.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks TNguyenIS300, I think for around 200, it will be worth it..BTW, how do you get the S2000 antenna to fit on your IS, any modification needed?? Do you have a pix of it...Thanks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Originally posted by cdm2:
Thanks TNguyenIS300, I think for around 200, it will be worth it..BTW, how do you get the S2000 antenna to fit on your IS, any modification needed?? Do you have a pix of it...Thanks.
About the S2000 Antenna - Nothing but a Plug & PLay !!!!
, No additional modification is needed.
No pix is available at this time, because I'm still waiting to install A51 intake+ECU and Stillen exhaust system this weekend. Pictures are coming soon.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ordered the armrest on July 24th, and it arrived today. The quality is decent and it seems to fit fine. I am getting it installed tomorow so I will have more pics then. It looks like only one side of the cupholder is blocked, the other side looks like it still has enough room to hold a drink. The hinge seems to be pretty good quality, but the main thing I don't like is all the exposed screws underneath.

Armrest Pics

[ August 01, 2001: Message edited by: krompir ]

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
How much did it cost?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Originally posted by krompir:
I ordered the armrest on July 24th, and it arrived today. The quality is decent and it seems to fit fine. I am getting it installed tomorow so I will have more pics then. It looks like only one side of the cupholder is blocked, the other side looks like it still has enough room to hold a drink. The hinge seems to be pretty good quality, but the main thing I don't like is all the exposed screws underneath.

Armrest Pics

Krompir: Did you order this armrest from Metro Lexus or Classic? My Saleman from classic told me that it will not be available UNTIL the '02 IS300 arrived which is by the end of Augst......What's up with that??? Is he lying to me??

btw - Thanks for the Pix.....I'm gonna email the pixs to my saleman and see what is his respond to that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
TNguyen: The armrest I have is not the factory one. I ordered it from airstreamsunroofs.com. They told me they only sell to dealers but they didnt realize I wasn't a dealer until they were almost done taking my order
I gave all the info about the armrest to my [email protected] and they are going to install it for me tomorow. The price for this armrest is about $150. The 2002 factory armrest appears to be of much better quality, but i just couldnt wait any longer.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts