Lexus IS Forum banner

Is $29884 invoice for loaded IS 300?

616 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  SM 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Is that the right number for '01 IS 300, with lather/escaine package, moon roof, trunk mat and wheel locks? I've got a different figure of $30269 from the dealer.

Thanks.

#4 ·
I was in the same situation when negotiating a couple months back. In my situation, they included an Advertising Charge (labeled as "PDI" or "BSI" or some b.s. term) of $385. Without going into whether it is a legitimate dealer invoice cost which should be passed onto the dealer, or whether it part of the dealership's normal cost of doing business/operating expense, I just ignored it for purposes of negotiation and considered the invoice price without the $385 charge. At most I'd be willing to split half of it.

#5 ·
GSXR600, I see. The difference is exactly $385.
Well, in addition to five hundred dollars over "their" invoice, they also have some close to two hundred charge called "dealer processing fee". That all adds up, that's for sure.

I do recall some discussions regarding that $385 charge and that some dealers were unwilling to remove it at all. I’ll try to do 50/50 but I may not have much luck with that. Thanks for pointing that out for me.

#8 ·
HmmmmIS300 wrote:
Well, in addition to five hundred dollars over "their" invoice, they also have some close to two hundred charge called "dealer processing fee". That all adds up, that's for sure.
I'm not sure what you mean by '"their" invoice,' but $545 is the Destination Charge/Delivery Charge, which is legit. "Dealer processing fee" is b.s. for what is also known as "I'm-gonna-make-up-some-name-of-a-nonexistent-fee-so-I-can-charge-you-some-more fee."

Give him a final offer and your #, tell him you will be hitting other dealerships and be making a purchase within the next week, and if he really wants your business, he'll call you.

#10 ·
LoQtus, I'm pretty sure I've accounted for all dealer installed options.

GSXR600, by "their" invoice I meant invoice (including destination charge) + that $385 advertising fee. That other "dealer processing fee" is actually printed on the form to make it look more legit I guess. Is this something that should be taken out of the contract?

I saw your post from May of this year where you said that you pretty much ignored that advertising fee during negotiations. Were you able to get rid of it after all?

BTW, I’m getting close to $500 over invoice (if you consider advertising fee part of the invoice). The bottom line is just a bit over 33K out of the door. Is that OK deal or I can do a lot better? Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.