Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"At Lexus, we design every vehicle with one objective in mind: to provide you with more perfect moments behind the wheel. Now, as our way of saying "Thank You" for your interest in Lexus, we'd like to help you extend your pursuit of the perfect moment even further by inviting you to attend an exclusive evening of entertainment brought to you by the new Lexus IS Series.

On Wednesday, September 21st, 2005, join us for this intimate, one-time-only event that blends music and mingling with the introduction of two exciting new vehicles. You'll be treated to a special sneak preview of the all-new 2006 Lexus IS 250 and IS 350 sport sedans, prior to the official launch. Plus a performance by Juno Award-winning artist jacksoul appearing "unplugged" exclusively for Lexus. It's all happening at a small club in downtown Toronto ?and we'd like you to be our guest."
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27,116 Posts
Is this just a "mingling" party to announce the arrival of the car? Or is this an event where people can actually drive the car?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,990 Posts
Crester said:
Is this just a "mingling" party to announce the arrival of the car? Or is this an event where people can actually drive the car?
I'll bet it's just a mingling "release" party. We had one when Infiniti
released the QX56 and new M series --> it's all a sales pitch...they
want you to buy one right there and then. I'd wait until dealers
have the new IS and drive it, or attend a release event if they hold
them on a dealer level.

j
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27,116 Posts
Just curious... if you work for Infiniti... why don't you drive a G35? Wouldn't you have gotten a discount? And also... parts would probably be cheap... so replacing the brake pads every month wouldn't be such a big deal. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,990 Posts
Crester said:
Just curious... if you work for Infiniti... why don't you drive a G35? Wouldn't you have gotten a discount? And also... parts would probably be cheap... so replacing the brake pads every month wouldn't be such a big deal. ;)
I worked for Nissan/Infiniti for 2 years and have recently moved to
Honda.

I will never drive a Nissan product even if I bought one for invoice. :confused:

Those G35s are over rated. I chose my IS because of the way it
looks, drives and the endless reliablilty testimonials from Lexus owners.
Another HUGE deciding factor was the fact that the IS (and
3 series) were the only cars that fit my ass just right... I am a small
mofo.

Lexus is number 1 in build quality and service (as you know) :p

Trust me when I say Infiniti has a long way to go, even with their
release of the M series; The quality is just not there.

j
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,411 Posts
I am going ,anyone else ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,156 Posts
boman said:
I worked for Nissan/Infiniti for 2 years and have recently moved to
Honda.

I will never drive a Nissan product even if I bought one for invoice. :confused:

Those G35s are over rated. I chose my IS because of the way it
looks, drives and the endless reliablilty testimonials from Lexus owners.
Another HUGE deciding factor was the fact that the IS (and
3 series) were the only cars that fit my ass just right... I am a small
mofo.

Lexus is number 1 in build quality and service (as you know) :p

Trust me when I say Infiniti has a long way to go, even with their
release of the M series; The quality is just not there.

j
Can you share this with us on ClubLexus in our Car Chat forum?

Click Here

Thanks! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
444 Posts
Which Honda do you work at? Maybe we can do a swap, I work at a Toyota dealer and I'll get you my discount if you get me yours?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,990 Posts
IS3DP said:
Which Honda do you work at? Maybe we can do a swap, I work at a Toyota dealer and I'll get you my discount if you get me yours?
I'm at Oakville Honda...always up for hooking people up with discounts. Let me know what you need via PM.

j
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good Golly Lexus Canada sure knows how to throw a party. Every aspect of the event met or exceeded my expectations, including the beautiful 2006 IS Models. What more can be said...i'm impressed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,411 Posts
It was a nice party but no one there knew anything about the car nor was there any info posted by the cars with specs. What the hell was with keeping them locked?

Met a few people i knew, not bad overall.
Can you say shisido night creme ?! I don't know how it is spelled.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top