Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey IS 300 owners. I went to the TRD shop and looked at the catalog and saw lots of suspension parts. Sorry no turbo. Those parts are for the Altezza and IS 200. I want to know whether using those parts will fit onto the IS 300. I was thinking of getting the front and rear lower suspension brace. Side note: I don't want to critisize TRD's craftsmanship but the welding looks really crude when compared to how mountain bikes are welded together.

The coil over shock set costs well over 2000 USD.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I think that anything that is non-engine, non-tranny, non-mission will work interchangably with the IS300 and the IS200/Altezza. Most body enhancements, suspension, interior, etc., should fit fine since the IS300 is different from the IS200/Altezza only in engine related parts... I think... someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
The IS200 is not sold in USA, and as such it has different bumpers (since they don't have the same low speed crash requirements).

So - be careful about body kits which might have some trouble with the US spec (IS300) bumpers.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I would also said that the suspension setting is a little bit different to counter the heavier front end of the IS300. I highly doubt they changed the entire geometry, probably just the shock/spring setting and the size of the sway bars. I am pretty sure you could get an Altezza TRD suspension kit and put on the car, but I don't think it will be as good as the one that is specifically design for the IS300.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts