Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving by the other day and the sign was taken down!

Where are we going to have the pursuit meets now?! Where are we gonna go to drag?! NOOOO RIGHT IN THE CHILDHOOD!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Yeah I've been hearing about this for awhile now. Really suck. But I mean they weren't doing to good. I read somewhere that their biggest money maker which was supposed to be the Nascar races didn't bring enough spectators. We just don't have as many redneck lol jk. But for reals, socal really don't have that many ppl into Nascar. I think the biggest event I went to there was the Gymkhana event hosted by ken block, Mass Effect. Other than pursuit that is.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Yeah definitely sucks! I live about 5-10 minutes down. Sad to see it gone. I liked the fact that a lot of car meets/events were conveniently local to me. Now I gotta drive a bit further, assuming everything is moved to Fontana.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Funny, everyone is saying street racing is going to be on the rise again because of this. What you guys think?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We will have another Pursuit but we have made the decision to not have one this year. We plan to do one again in the near future. Stay tuned.
NOOOOO:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Funny, everyone is saying street racing is going to be on the rise again because of this. What you guys think?
Who's everyone? Street racing will happen regardless if a drag strip is open or not. The kids who don't have money to pay for the legal drags take it onto the streets anyways. Sad but true.

·
Registered
849 Posts
No doubt it will happen regardless. Happens almost everyday. Just been reading from different car clubs/shops that's been saying it. I just think they're right. We already have street racers, but with the Palmdale and now Irwindale tracks gone, they're just might be a little more arranged races than the norm.

·
Registered
587 Posts
WTF is going on all these tracks being closed I dont see anything good coming out of this especially since cops encourage people to take the races to the track instead of the street

1 - 13 of 13 Posts