Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I remember gas prices at a Chevron in Irvine (Jefferey) being $2.17 for Premium Unleaded!! That's one (and rare) disadvantage for IS300 owners...18mpg in tha city?!?!? wtf?!~

But I still want one!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
HA went up to Kansas for vacation this past week and gas is like $1.25-$1.30 for Premium in OK and KS. Dallas was like $1.65

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by fusion:
how can u trust costco gas tho ?

i never get anythin other than Mobil1 gas... anyway... in glendale 92 octane costs around $2.20 a gallon
Well, I always get the cheapest gas out there. My 92 Maxima SE, I had 187K miles and all it got was Arco 87 octane and costco gas, no problems except for a powersteering pump that went out at 160K miles and the mounts for the rear sway bar actually broke off the vehicle, none gas related. Actually the sway bar mount, was some type of metal fatigue from cornering too hard.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by N1:
Thank god prices are coming down.
Yeah, but did you see the line?

Irony(Comic happenstance?): The line of cars waiting for gas was blocking off the electric vehicle parking spots.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, it was flashback to the '70's for me, however considering the price I was willing to wait it out. Plus Alice DJ on the CD helped too.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Why not? All the gasoline come from the same regional refinery, no?

Originally posted by fusion:
how can u trust costco gas tho ?

i never get anythin other than Mobil1 gas... anyway... in glendale 92 octane costs around $2.20 a gallon

·
Registered
70 Posts
The last time I was in Irvine, the Shell station was bending me over and givin it to me for $2.30! AAHH!!! Freakin expensive considering I get like maybe 18 MPG. I think I spend like $300-400 on gas a month. I'm gonna have to start riding a bike.

·
Registered
301 Posts
My Exxon in Los Angeles is finally at 1.99 for 92 octane. cheapest it's been in months.

Shell is a rip off, always has been. The funny thing is I saw one in Torrance which had 1.99 92 octane too!...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by H1ghf1del1ty:
The last time I was in Irvine, the Shell station was bending me over and givin it to me for $2.30! AAHH!!! Freakin expensive considering I get like maybe 18 MPG. I think I spend like $300-400 on gas a month. I'm gonna have to start riding a bike.
Which Shell station? The one by the 5 freeway on Trabuco? That is now the cheapest station in Irvine (not including Costco), at $1.89/1.99/2.09.

[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: Alec ]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
11 Participants
Alec
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing