Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The pics on the IPT motorsports website look as if there are 2 circular vents that come out of the top, that could possibly touch a strut bar. I wanted to get these covers soon, but I am kind of worried about that. Also, some of the pieces have red ipt logos on them in those pics. Do they really have that on them or was that just for the website pics?

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Duh, of course we do...

I wasn't completely sure, I was waiting for Steve to answer. But we put a complete set of the covers on Freelance's car and they did NOT have red logos. I don't think any of the pieces (except MAYBE the engine cover) had the logo. Also, I'm pretty sure if a strut bar clears the stock cover, it will clear this one.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
maybe

maybe IPT put the logo on to just take the picture, so that consumer knows that it is their actual product. And also as a protection that no1 will take the picture and claim it is their product. Just like some website putting their logo on pictures, just incase any1 tries to steal it.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: maybe

Eminence said:
maybe IPT put the logo on to just take the picture, so that consumer knows that it is their actual product. And also as a protection that no1 will take the picture and claim it is their product. Just like some website putting their logo on pictures, just incase any1 tries to steal it.
But I want to know for sure whether I will get one of these with or without logos on there if I were to order it. I for sure won't order it if they do have the logos. I figured out what their intentions were, by using those pics with their logos, but that isn't what I was asking. :roll:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Beware of quality. I got one of the first sets and the quality was poor. They did refund me the money.

Benz

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BenZ-IS300 said:
Beware of quality. I got one of the first sets and the quality was poor. They did refund me the money.

Benz
First i've heard of any bad quality from them :eek:

·
Registered
385 Posts
DegoIS said:
BenZ-IS300 said:

Benz
I am sure they got it taken care of, but I would watch out for it especially for $750.

BenZ

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
about rubbing: strut bars usually rub right on the edges.. so if your stock one clears your strut bar, the CF should be fine, since the vents are closer to the center of the cover.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
irv_usc said:
about rubbing: strut bars usually rub right on the edges.. so if your stock one clears your strut bar, the CF should be fine, since the vents are closer to the center of the cover.
But those look as if they are an inch or maybe even more higher than with a stock manifold cover. So, that could potentially cause a problme still

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
BenZ-IS300 said:
DegoIS said:
BenZ-IS300 said:

Benz
I am sure they got it taken care of, but I would watch out for it especially for $750.

BenZ
BenZ, I can speak to their quality since I have them on my car and I have seen them on my other cars. They are top notch in quality and I have not read another person speak poorly about them. You must have got a bad set or something.

Dego, Call Parker or Jimmy and ask them about the logos. 817-414-2368

·
Registered
385 Posts
Wxman said:
BenZ-IS300 said:
DegoIS said:
BenZ-IS300 said:

Benz

BenZ
BenZ, I can speak to their quality since I have them on my car and I have seen them on my other cars. They are top notch in quality and I have not read another person speak poorly about them. You must have got a bad set or something.
Hey Marc, like I said before I was one of the first sets shipped and I along with a couple others returned them because of quality, but I am sure they have gotten it taken care of now.

BenZ

1 - 14 of 14 Posts