Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an Apple 20Gb IPOD. It kicks ass. I don't have enough songs on it yet, but I will.

Its connected in my car via an FM Transmitter. Works really well.

Good thing i had it on my way home from thanksgiving. I got stuck on I90 for a couple of hours. Made the trip a whole lot better.

·
8,803 Posts
which fm mod do you have...? Where can i get one? I am getting an ipod, an dwant to hook it up to my stereo in the car....Didnt know they had a modulator for it.

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
ipod= cant live without, got my 20gig here at work with my xp machine and firewire card. works great with xplay, and on the mac at home, i keep all my movies/music/personal files, hell this weekend i backed up our work server to it (12gigs)............got to love that.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
here is something to check out for iPod owners:

all in one Car Solution: FM modulator, charger and mount for iPod

[link deleted on account of it being several nautical miles long -- geoff]

·
Registered
178 Posts
I just got my ipod and was wondering about the FM transmitters. I went out and bought a tape adapter .. sounds great but can't stand the annoying wire. Hows the quality of the sound and which one did you get?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the sound feeder one on the page above...the battery powered one. Its got a dial instead of predetermined switches. Found it at a computer store in Toronto this weekend.

I haven't tried any other ones, so i really don't know how they perform. There are a lot of generic ones and then there's the IRock 300W. The only thing that bothers me is that the fm transmitter is powered by batteries. Sad to say that they probably don't last as long as the IPOD does.

Sound wise, I found that the transmitter works better in the higher frequences, usually around 92+. But works fine, if you can tune it around 88-89. Just seemed a little harder to tune it there. I don't think you'll have this problem if you get a transmitter with the predetermined frequencies. Once its tuned, it pretty much blocks out any stations at that frequency because the source is so near the antenna, ie. in your car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
inphinit
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing