Lexus IS Forum banner

ipod deck?!

2K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  CrownINC 
#1 ·
kk so Im looking to replace the system in my car.... BUT i wanted to get a new system that has an ipod adaptor built in... is there sucha thing??

some say yes some say no annddd i havent located one as of yet...

anyone know?

#2 ·
what kind of system are you looking for? i have a in dash DVD player with Ipod hook up and touch screen that im selling.

Dont know if thats what your looking for. or are do you want one to hook up to your stock deck?

Reactions: Johnnysks
#7 ·
kidd_lexx... if you want an aftermarket head-unit by all means there are lots of options. Some of the higher-end radios will actually turn the touch screen into an iPod interface... and all you to control the iPod like that. If you don't want Crown's head unit... look into one of those.

#9 ·
The ipod hooks up and sits in the glove box. And you can also control all the controlls from the head Unit. You can set up playlist, turn shuffle on and off, and watch your videos on the ipod.

its pretty nice deck, but yea it does cover up the climate controls.

#11 ·
Why not buy a double-din radio instead of a single "short" one??? The car came with double din... and it would look better anyways.

#14 ·
i just installed a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X791

ipod compatible and also has a usb input

Just buy a usb jump drive 4gb and ur set

4gb = 2000 songs

jumpdrive is like $25 at canada computers

#16 ·
You can get a Pioneer AVIC-D3 for about $800 wit the iPod Cable.

Amazing double din deck, Im very pleased with mine. I keep my iPod cable in my glove box along side my ps2 cables.

The touchscreen turns into an iPod interface.

ps. The way I have my deck bolted down, It would take the thief a good 10-15 mins to yank it out =P

#21 ·
2-3 mins and i'd have the deck/climate control out of the car. but atleast there wouldn't be any damage. :p

if i wanted be an ass like some thieves out there, i'd just break the mounting kit since you're using the metra one. it would be out in a minute and a half.

you're better off in the end to make it easier to take it out, because the thieves usually throw a hissy fit when they can't get it out. that's when they seriously mess up your car

#18 ·
#20 ·
I still vote for the VAISTech SoundLinQ devices... :p

#27 · (Edited)
damn that single Din looks great! i do get worried about dumb fucks trying to break in a take it. but thats why i am very parro about where i leave my wife..ugh, i mean my lexus unattended.

Its true. if someone wants to rob your car, they can do it nicely or just fuck your shit up. so all you can do is hope your insurance company has got you covered..or sleep in the bitch with a sawed off shotty

I do agree with the double din Dash it looks really nice and clean. the only reason why i showed you mine, is cause some people like these ones. but i would suggest you to look into the double din if you wanna spend that money.

if you want to spend the LEAST amount of money possible. then buy the tape to go into the deck or the FM transmitter for the Ipod. i used that for a good few months before i got a deck.

#31 ·
UGH! that is a sweet setup! i really fuckin want that housing for the pop up navi!

does anyone know where you can get it with out a screen? i wanna put a hide away for the gauges and boost stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.