Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kk so Im looking to replace the system in my car.... BUT i wanted to get a new system that has an ipod adaptor built in... is there sucha thing??

some say yes some say no annddd i havent located one as of yet...

anyone know?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
what kind of system are you looking for? i have a in dash DVD player with Ipod hook up and touch screen that im selling.

Dont know if thats what your looking for. or are do you want one to hook up to your stock deck?

Reactions: Johnnysks

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my stock deck is shit... it picks and choses what it wants to play.... i need to take it out and put a new one in...

how much are u selling it for?

do u have a pik?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
kidd_lexx... if you want an aftermarket head-unit by all means there are lots of options. Some of the higher-end radios will actually turn the touch screen into an iPod interface... and all you to control the iPod like that. If you don't want Crown's head unit... look into one of those.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Here's one...

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
The ipod hooks up and sits in the glove box. And you can also control all the controlls from the head Unit. You can set up playlist, turn shuffle on and off, and watch your videos on the ipod.

its pretty nice deck, but yea it does cover up the climate controls.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Why not buy a double-din radio instead of a single "short" one??? The car came with double din... and it would look better anyways.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Why not buy a double-din radio instead of a single "short" one??? The car came with double din... and it would look better anyways.
Cant deny that.

·
Registered
362 Posts
and when you park in a shady neighborhood you cant take it out, and your car gets broken into...

·
Registered
368 Posts
i just installed a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X791

ipod compatible and also has a usb input

Just buy a usb jump drive 4gb and ur set

4gb = 2000 songs

jumpdrive is like $25 at canada computers

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
You can get a Pioneer AVIC-D3 for about $800 wit the iPod Cable.

Amazing double din deck, Im very pleased with mine. I keep my iPod cable in my glove box along side my ps2 cables.

The touchscreen turns into an iPod interface.

ps. The way I have my deck bolted down, It would take the thief a good 10-15 mins to yank it out =P

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
and when you park in a shady neighborhood you cant take it out, and your car gets broken into...
pox... if somebody wants to steal your radio... they'll steal your radio.

I don't think that should be a deterrent against buying a double-din radio. The factory radio is double din... I think the best replacement is double din.

kidd_lexx... it would be really cool if you could get a radio with a large touch screen like the one I posted... or Crown's... but instead of having it fold in and out of the dash... make it be a permanent double-din stereo.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
this is what im looking for but one that is situated in... not that flips out like that...or flips down.... possible??

i just dont like how it covers the controls...

btw.. double-din?
lol... I forgot you were a car newb... :p

Umm... single-din is the normal aftermarket radios you see for sale. These are the ones that are like around 3 inches high.

Double DIN is simply double the height. Our factory radios are double dins. It's just that face plate has been molded to match the shape of the dash.

A double-din radio will properly fill out the space occupied by the factory radio slot. Otherwise... you're going to have a gap or pocket below your single din radio.

Here's some pics to help explain...

DOUBLE DIN

SINGLE DIN

So kidd_lexx... how was my explanation? Still too technical??? lol

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts