Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Is F yesterday and was talking to the sales guy and asked him y Lexus hasn't jumped on the Ipod adapter for the nav unit like everyone else. He said that they do have it and that it can be navigated through the nav screen. So they installed it for me today.... and it doesn't work. I have a Ipod touch so the guy was thinking that he just needs to get me a software update on the thing they put in.... I tried my boyfriends regular Ipod, and it works, but under the DVD, not AUX and only plays 1 band, and wont let you change the artist. The display is also not on the nav screen, you have to use the track up/down button... Anyone have an IS that has the iPod adapter that actually works????

I know you can plug it into the AUX mode and just use the Ipod itself to pick the songs, but they are claiming that everything will show on the nav screen?:confused:

Thanks,

Ashley

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yes, I attempted to do this too and thought I would be able to select it through the touch screen. Unless I'm doing something wrong I am only able to change the song on the iPod and can't do it through the display let alone see the artist/song :-/

·
Registered
747 Posts
who needs a iPod when you got the IS-F lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
I didn't even know Lexus would set up the ipod adapter... has anyone else got this done at Lexus? I don't mind the AUX for now but I would prefer true ipod adapter to keep the battery charged while playing. I know I could go aftermarket for this but I prefer Lexus screwing around with my car :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
I get mine installed this Thurs. I'll let everyone know how it works.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had mine installed at the port (Los Angeles) last month prior to delivery of my ISF. The unit works flawlessly (it uses the SAT1 input) with my touch. I also have a newer nano and a 4G 60GB, both of which I haven't tried (don't need to...the touch works perfectly). Navigating the playlists isn't perfect (to be honest, i haven't really played around with it that much...I have one playlist that I use religiously), but does indeed work through the NAV touch screen. I'm attaching some pics of the unit installed and the screen for those of you who haven't seen it.

Todd

·
Registered
12 Posts
...and that's what I feared. In a separate thread I brought this issue up. Today, I returned to the dealer where I was fortunate to test drive an F this week. The salesman showed how the IPod interface works with the touchscreen on an RX, but he believed (and you have now confirmed) that you can't have SAT and IPod functionality through the head unit. As much as I love the look and drive of the car, this seems mind boggling to me. I presume the impetus for this vehicle is to appeal to a younger demographic than the typical Lexus buyer. Seems to me that this demo is the very one most likely to insist on seemless audio integration of these media. If "lesser" carmakers can provide these items (some standard) than why not Lexus?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks Chado. But what I'm not seeing on the Vaistech website is a device which offers BOTH full IPod and Sat Rad operation through the touchscreen. Unless I'm mistaken, it appears I can have either full integration of one or the other, then have limited use of the other device. I had an older edition Vaistech in my previous GX for IPod use, and was never really happy with the interface. I've got an Alpine aftermarket in my Charger now and would really prefer not to sacrifice its capabilities. I'll give Vaistech a call for some additional help, but I do appreciate your suggestions!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well... it looks like my problem may be solved. Granted it's going to cost a few bucks, but the Vaistech guy I just spoke with says it IS possible to have full Sat and IPod integration on the touchscreen.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
Well... it looks like my problem may be solved. Granted it's going to cost a few bucks, but the Vaistech guy I just spoke with says it IS possible to have full Sat and IPod integration on the touchscreen.
i wish they offered more support for my IS300 :( anyway, a few extra bucks is nothing for the IS-F!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts