Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I've been reading over this board for several weeks. I like the people here so I've decided to register. I, like most everyone here, am very interested in owning the IS.

This may sound weird, but my drive for owning the car spawns from the Playstation game Gran Turismo 2. I like driving the Altezza and the Limited Edition Altezza and I wanted to see how they drive in RL. To some of you older gents this may sound crazy but hey you only live once, right?

I'm still saving my pennies so I can buy one in the next month or two... maybe longer
I will definitely let you guys know when and where I acquire my IS. Keep me posted on all the good information regarding the IS.

------------------
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly. *OUTLAW RACING*

·
Registered
66 Posts
Don't worry bro. You're not the only one who plays PSX GT2 on this board.=)I love that game. hehe..

I got an Silver Altezza on there, and bought everything u could possibly buy on there. I got the HP maxed to about 415BHP (with an assortment of enhancements including turbo).

I had to buy the Altezza jus to see what I could do to it, so then I would have a good idea of what to do wit my silver IS300. Sounds silly, huh? hahahhaha I dont care.

·
Registered
594 Posts
IS300Purformance,
Where do you live in Irvine?
I've seen a Silver IS in Turtle Rock, a couple of black ones on Culver and a yellow one on Jamboree a couple of times. Any of those yours?

·
Registered
323 Posts
dang, there are IS's in irvine. doh! i guess when i come down in a month i'll add one more. ill be living in university park at culver and michelson. look for me in my black lowered IS.

mike

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'll be at Mesa Court dorming for the fall quarter, I dunno if you've seen my silver IS tho. I been there a lot tho..R u goin to UCI also? We should form a school sanctioned club. hahahhaha...

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I think $50K + a year will do.
There are alot of people at UCI that make big bucks, especially the engineers and the ICS people. I have friends that just graduated with me and are making $60,000+ w/ a bachelor degree. This is why I am heading back right now for a M.S., to learn more stuff so I can go for that magic 6 figure salary.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When did this become a UCI thread?

Just joking
Thanks for the replies.

------------------
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly. *OUTLAW RACING*

·
Registered
343 Posts
AltezzaRoku,

Whereabouts do you work ? I see the same yellow IS parked at that furniture store.. its slammed with chrome wheels.. if I ever wanted a yellow IS, its because of that car.. its just so clean.. but I guess they're all like that.. anyhow, I work at Newhope and Slater..

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Ha ha.. for reals oh-dawg?? I work on Newhope...and southpark.. hey.. do u work for Kingston???..

About that IS, yeah.. its the same one that i've been seeing....i was driving by and i saw a couple of asian kids gettin into it.... there's a GS there too..

·
Registered
343 Posts
AltezzaRoku,

Yeah.. thats where I am.. I've never seen the owner of the ywllow one, but sometimes I see a GS in its place.. our CFO bought a silver IS for his son, which is away at school right now, so he drives that instead of his ES right now.. so you might see that from time to time also.. where exactly do you work ?

Also, for the record, I went to UCI too but I graduated 6 years ago..

·
Registered
66 Posts
So how much r u guys makin workin for tech companies? This is b/c I am a future ICS major and I would like to know whut kinda paycheck I will be drawing coming right out of college with a B.S. Thanx.

·
Registered
343 Posts
AltezzaRoku,

Yeah.. so you probably know my little sister that I always wanted, Janie.. we'll have to go cruising once you get yours

IS300Pur,

Last time someone discussed salaries on here, TEG deleted the message.. the rules say we can't disclose that.. besides, if I told you, you'd probably drop out of school now and become a male exotic dancer.. kidding..

[From TEG: Yeah - good advice - it just gets people in a tiff worrying if they measure up... ]

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited August 29, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
yeah i kno janie.. we picked on her all the time..=P
oh-dawg.. what department do you work in??.. MIS?? or the networking department? if so, do you kno Peter?? then there's like tran and kevin and them from MIS?...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yeah, in MIS.. I know all those guys.. acutally, I talked to someone from personable before about Siebel and Citrix.. was that you ? Janie told me who you are though.. I think

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
8 Participants
acuracing
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing