Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am very happy to join this site. Every is300 I see here gives more urge in wanting to buy one. My question is, is there any good book or anything like that that guides you on how to rebuild engines, change pistons, rods, valves, etc? I found a book on ebay ---> Pro Engine Blueprinting cylinder blocks, crankshafts : eBay Motors (item 170359945394 end time Mar-14-10 10:06:46 PDT)

But I don't know if this is worth it? If anyone of you is experienced in rebuilding engines and such, please guide me here. Thank you very much. I hope to someday have an Is300 and turbo charge it. Also what is the cheapest most reliable turbo kit I can buy? Please help me out here fellow IS 300 owners. Thank you very much in advance. I don't care if it will take me a year or more to learn how to rebuild engine internals, but I just have the urge inside me that I just have to know how to do this stuff. Thank you!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Theres lots of special tools needed when blueprinting and balancing a motor. Take it to a machine shop for that. If you need to build your own motor, then do lots of reading. I did my own motor last year. http://my.is/forums/f114/diy-how-rebuild-2jz-368453/
I'm sure you can use alldata like I did or so other type of system to build your engine. Or send it to me and I will build it for you. For a small fee of course.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.