Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay still new to the IS life but I've searched for my problem and haven't found anything like what I'm dealing with here it goes.

Okay I'm having a sometimes misfire only when it's warm and being driven like if it sits for more than a minute in park it stops so I don't have much time to mess with any connectors before it stops.

Even while driving it doesn't do it all the time only sometimes at low rpms. I've changes all plugs, injectors, wires, and coil packs cleaned the mass and tried a second one just to make sure, tested the OCV and checked the filter in the banjo bolt.

The last thing I changed was the injectors but now I think it might be bad gas (old 91)car had set for a year before I got it and started driving it. Also I've been putting 93 octane in it

I've scanned it and still no codes any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have checked the connector to the igniter and the ignitor itself shows good to me, and a bad spot on the TPS would cause it to sometimes seem like a misfire how would I be able to check if the TPS is bad and not not at high speeds only at lower speeds like coming to a stop and at a stop

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also on the ride I just took the breaks didn't won't to work first time it did that wile I say misfiring but the best way I can explain it is it sounds cammed out and after a bit it smooths itself out and boom back to normal like nothing ever happened

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bad spot on TPS.. You just replace it to find out. Sorry!
Igniter may look fine. But be bad still. If I remember right. The factory service manual has a test procedure.
I think your right the TPS might be it didn't think about it till now but sometimes very rarely but at Cruzing at a slow speed and my foot not moving the car acts as if I'm Feathering the throttle you think that would be a hint at a bad TPS? And I don't have a manual I can google the test unless you know of a link I can check it right now and let you know if it passes

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I think your right the TPS might be it didn't think about it till now but sometimes very rarely but at Cruzing at a slow speed and my foot not moving the car acts as if I'm Feathering the throttle you think that would be a hint at a bad TPS? And I don't have a manual I can google the test unless you know of a link I can check it right now and let you know if it passes
Do a little Google search. The factory service manual is online.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts