Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Lexus owners! I'm Leo and just joined!
I bought a new 2018 IS 300. When windows are up and radio off I notice when going over 40 mph I can hear a slight vibration/rattle coming from interior passenger side maybe around glove box area. I took out the glove box shelve and also checked cabin filter if secured and still happens. Not sure if anyone has same issue or if you turn of radio and windows closed and try it to see if same happens of course not when raining because will not be able to hear because sound of rain. Not sure if wind coming from vents and creates that sound or its the way its built and its normal. Please respond if any info or if you try it and it also happens.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I bought a new 2018 IS 300. When windows are up and radio off I notice when going over 40 mph I can hear a slight vibration/rattle coming from interior passenger side maybe around glove box area. I took out the glove box shelve and also checked cabin filter if secured and still happens. Not sure if anyone has same issue or if you turn of radio and windows closed and try it to see if same happens of course not when raining because will not be able to hear because sound of rain. Not sure if wind coming from vents and creates that sound or its the way its built and its normal. Please respond if any info or if you try it and it also happens.
Thanks
I know the first gen. We had an issue like that. It turned out to be the dash rubbing on the firewall. We just put some padding to insulate the area from rubbing. Hope this helps. It being so new. Take it to the dealership and see if they can fix it under warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know the first gen. We had an issue like that. It turned out to be the dash rubbing on the firewall. We just put some padding to insulate the area from rubbing. Hope this helps. It being so new. Take it to the dealership and see if they can fix it under warranty.
Hello and thanks for reply but it does not sound like rubbing, sounds like sometimes the rattle/vibration bouncing of the passenger glove box or door or roof in that area. almost like a airplane going at high speeds ready to lift off and you hear like a rattle/vibration. so this i guess is similiar but not loud like a lite sound. but thing is i dont want to take to dealer and have dash taken apart or door thats why im wondering if this is normal and its the way its built. maybe outside air coming from vents but on the a/c i have the button off for outside air circulation.
also im NJ area so when I bought car in August when it was summer I don't recall if i heard this and maybe its only during cold temps like in the 40's.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thanks
2018? Back to the dealer!! It is covered by your warranty. I work at toyota and Ratlles are covered by the 3 years warranty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts